Sign in to follow this  

It's official....

Hey guys

Just got the news that on Oct 4th, we start our new jobs in Tucson, AZ. I've wanted to get out of Kali for the longest time, but now that its official, I feel kinda sad..lol. Anybody feel like riding early AM (el mirage, etc)in the coming days/weeks before we head out??. This is all dependant on weather my GPR comes that I ordered A MONTH AGO!!!

Congarats FBW, We have only days left here. Mostly everything is already moved. Its the anxiety that kills you!

Still waiting on that GPR? Since you've ordered yours I sold a bike, ordered a GPR for another one, got it, installed it and rode on it three times!

Get ahold of GPR directly see what the problem is. Or call whomever you've ordered it thru, cancel and go with MX South....you'll have it within a week!

Where are you off to Dr? The problem was that GPR was out of stock.. SO I had to wait for them to machine the V2's. I couldnt find anyone with a GPR for my bike sitting on their shelf. Dont know how much riding I could have done.. Im just REALLY upset that I paid for this thing a month ago, and still dont have it! :thumbsup:

damn brett - thats 3 of my riding buds this year that moved out of state :thumbsup:

o well we have to get in at least 1 more ride before you go :awww: maybe a breakfast run to the slash :lol:

jeff :devil:

Good for you !!! this place SUCKS!! A friend is moving back to the big AZ, I will be goin' out to sniff around in November!!!!!!!!!!!! I hear the riding is great in the fall, winter and spring! :thumbsup:

Aww.. I fee so welcome already!! :thumbsup: At least I can now oen/carry my firearms in peace. Jeff.. YES, for SURE we need to set up a run to the slash, or an El Mirage ride.. I JUST got my tracking number, my GPR will be in tomorrow!.

I've been to the Riding Arizona site a few times.. Seems like a LOT of utility quad riders.. As long as they're cool to ride with (and wear helmets, shirts, and DONT ride drunk.. :devil::awww::lol:) then thats cool..

The biggest problem is that we're moving out there right when its going to be getting cooler.. And in an apartment, Ive got no place to put my bike.. It's staying in Kali till we get a house :devil:.. Unless I pay 50/mo for a storage unit... :thumbsup:

And he's only moving back about 2 blocks from my house!... hahaha... I love it when a couple hundred grand worth of Ca. equity repositions itself into the heart of the AZ economy!

He finished up my high pressure, copper hard line mister system last time he was here, so the patio is cool again...

And according to my wimpy heat tolerance, the desert is offically back in swing, with predictions of the temp not to even break 100 this weekend... That comfortable cool/warm dry morning rides up till about 11 am...

Do yourself a favor and just take the conceal/carry class and get the conceal carry permit (cheap and easy)... Although its completely legal to carry a visible holstered hand gun, one of the downsides to all the California migration is that it really not practical to carry a visible handgun anymore, like it was 5 or so years ago... Many businessess and gov't buildings have posted "no weapons" signage now. The capital building even makes you check in your pistols now. :thumbsup:

Do yourself a favor and just take the conceal/carry class and get the conceal carry permit (cheap and easy)... Although its completely legal to carry a visible holstered hand gun, one of the downsides to all the California migration is that it really not practical to carry a visible handgun anymore, like it was 5 or so years ago... Many businessess and gov't buildings have posted "no weapons" signage now. The capital building even makes you check in your pistols now. :devil:

Oh of course.. I plan to take the class, and I wont even open carry. I mainly wanted the permit so I could carry in my vehicles. I want to be a cop out there, but I DONT want any extra attention from them.. lol :thumbsup:

Shirk.. Nice dude, Is it temporary or..?

I am no expert, like you will become as a police officer... But open carry applies to your vehicle also? From DPS's site below, I interpret this to mean loaded on your dash is "open carry"... Arizona loves its guns...

GENERALLY, MISCONDUCT INVOLVING WEAPONS (13-3102.A.1 and A.2) DOES NOT APPLY TO:

A deadly weapon which is immediately accessible and carried openly by a means that makes it obvious to a casual observer the person is carrying a deadly weapon ("open carry")

A person in his home, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person

Within a means of transportation, a deadly weapon that is not immediately accessible or if it is clearly visible to a casual observer or if it is carried in a container that makes it obvious the person is transporting a deadly weapon

Shirk.. Nice dude, Is it temporary or..?

Kinda Temp... 3-5 months probably... Just enough time to get a lot of exploration done!!!

I am no expert, like you will become as a police officer... But open carry applies to your vehicle also? From DPS's site below, I interpret this to mean loaded on your dash is "open carry"... Arizona loves its guns...

GENERALLY, MISCONDUCT INVOLVING WEAPONS (13-3102.A.1 and A.2) DOES NOT APPLY TO:

A deadly weapon which is immediately accessible and carried openly by a means that makes it obvious to a casual observer the person is carrying a deadly weapon ("open carry")

A person in his home, on his business premises or on real property owned or leased by that person

Within a means of transportation, a deadly weapon that is not immediately accessible or if it is clearly visible to a casual observer or if it is carried in a container that makes it obvious the person is transporting a deadly weapon

Very Nice... :thumbsup:

Whats the deal with TGP? Did they close it for good? Maybe we can go on the fireroad ride that Woody likes?? It looked sweet in the vid that he posted. It may have to be on a weekday though.. I dunno.. :cry:

Just spent the night (fri night) in my new apartment in Tucson.. MAN they have some nasty thunder storms.. lol

Just spent the night (fri night) in my new apartment in Tucson.. MAN they have some nasty thunder storms.. lol

That is just mother natures starting gun,... signaling the offical kick-off of the desert riding season! 8 months of pure dust to glory....

The best days to get out are the next day after a T-storm, no dust!

That is just mother natures starting gun,... signaling the offical kick-off of the desert riding season! 8 months of pure dust to glory....

The best days to get out are the next day after a T-storm, no dust!

Thats kind of what I figured, are you in Tucson? I've heard Reddington is the place to ride...?

It'll be a challenge to get my bike through the front door and onto the patio...LOL.