Sign in to follow this  

D17 MX State Championship

So who is going to Tri-city on the 18th and 19th to race in the championship race?

I will be there for sure. I am making a run for the District 17 Championship and need as many points as I can get. I plan on getting there at about 8:00 PM on Friday evening.

Have you been there before? The track is a little weird, but very cool.

No I haven't been there before but I've heard it is a very fun track. I also heard the parking is really bad so I'm going to be leaving on Friday as well.

I can't really compare it to any other tracks in District 17. The track has a number of Supercross style sections containing a long whoop section, a rythem section (Table top - step on - step off), and a couple of triples. Then there is the old hill climb section. The track is very unique. The dirt is mostly hard packed and gets dry pretty quick. The track is very spectator friendly due to it location on a hill (my wife loves this track to watch at).

Well, I went to my first state championship. I don't think that the track was set up great for that many riders, but it was ok. Parking was a little bit tight to say the least, and the track got a little dry.

I thought that it was a good weekend though. I finally got the rhythm section dialed in. Now I just have to work on going a bit faster all over the track.

Anyone going to head to Tri-City for their next race on October 3?

That was my first state championship as well. It was really dusty but I was lucky enough to be at the top of the race order. The parking was horrible. I'm just glad I got there on Friday so I didn't have to end up parking in the field across the street. The whoops are great and real fun to blitz.

The track was very challenging overall and I didn't do as well as I expected. I will probably be there for the next race to see if I can get that rhythm section and triple down.