Sign in to follow this  

bike rentals or tours in san diego area?

hey all-

i'm going to be in san diego for a vacation oct 6th to the 12th, and i dunno if i should try to find a rental or loaner or work out the details to bring my own bike. does anyone know of a rental joint or have a 'spare' bike and need a riding buddy? how about glamis? quads? i dunno, i just wanna see some new trails!

thanx!

tom

Not much as far as rentals in the San Diego Area. I would suggest hooking up with someone with a spare bike. If you want to ride some tracks I think you can try that MXrentals.com. Get on line when you get down here and see what everyone's doing that weekend!

hey christi-

thanks for the response. looks like i'll be bringing my bike but i was not wanting to because i dont know where i'll be able to keep it at the hotel. guess i'll just cross my fingers that it stays put. i'm more a trail guy than track- got any good spots to show a touristy type?

free oct 7-10?

thanx-

tom

hey christi-

thanks for the response. looks like i'll be bringing my bike but i was not wanting to because i dont know where i'll be able to keep it at the hotel. guess i'll just cross my fingers that it stays put. i'm more a trail guy than track- got any good spots to show a touristy type?

free oct 7-10?

thanx-

tom

Just back that truck right up against the hotel you are staying at! :thumbsup:

Well, I would offer to go ride some local trails with you but I have a desert race on that Saturday. A morning race at 9:00 and a night race at 7:00pm. If your interested in watching or participating or just riding around, check out more info at www.sidewindersmotorpsorts.com.

As far as touristy stuff goes, if you mean non-bike related, then I suggest Pacific Beach for some night time fun.

If you mean bike related touristy, then I would check out Mccain Valley and Lake Moreno. But you need a green sticker for that.

Post again a couple days before you get here. I am sure one of us fellow TTers can take you riding somewhere! :devil:

Check out this thread http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1319408/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

If this link doesn't work, the post is called: New post for meeting up w/ so cal people to ride

These guys seem to get out on Fridays to trail ride some local stuff.

hey all-

i'm going to be in san diego for a vacation oct 6th to the 12th, and i dunno if i should try to find a rental or loaner or work out the details to bring my own bike. does anyone know of a rental joint or have a 'spare' bike and need a riding buddy? how about glamis? quads? i dunno, i just wanna see some new trails!

thanx!

tom

Try this link web page , I know they rent ATVs and it says they rent dirt bikes too, I know they sell used ones... but I'm sure its not cheap!

If you can get your hands on a bike (I don't have a spare, sorry!) you might want to join Dirtygirl & myself at the Elsinor mx track, north of San Diego on Oct. 7th (look for the thread in the thumpette forum)... otherwise just keep looking at the board, people are always riding somewhere! I know I will be! :thumbsup:

holy moly! you DO ride in so-cal. rentals look like it's not worth saving the trouble of just bringing my bike, so ktm it is! elsinore, plaster city, san felipe.... i may have to move south! looks like i better invest in that soft seat foam now, i'm gonna need it.

see ya?

tom