seat repair

hi this is my first time posting here, had a question about repairing a torn seat. does anybody know a way to repair a seat without recovering the whole thing and something that looks better than duct tape? should i just try and sew it and if so with what? thanks for your help.

You can purchase a black "gripper" seat cover for $44 from Rocky Mountain ATV.

If you would rather an inexpensive/quick fix, here's what I did until my new cover arrived.

Go to a craft/fabric store and purchase some bulk vinyl. (don't worry if you're the only guy in the strore) Tell the lady at the store its for a seat cover, she'll know what you mean. Get a color that matches your seat. They might even have some scaps for cheap. On the way home go by Home Depot and pick up some 3M heavy duty spray adhesive. Once home, take the cover patially off and expose the rip. Cut the vinyl so it's a bit bigger than the rip. Follow the instructions on the adhesive, and glue the patch to the inside. Staple the seat cover back down.

Mine still looked good when the seat cover arrrived 3 weeks later.

Hope this helps, Steve.

I repaired the small rip in my seat with black RTV {silicone}. I lifted the sides of the tear, shot some underneath, all the way around, then pressed the cover into the RTV. Added RTV as needed, and smoothed it with a single edge razor blade. When the RTV was cured but still tacky, I pressed a wet rag into it to add texture and take out the shine.

Still fine after 2 years!

Robert ?

Seat covers are inexspensive and easy to replace!!, so why bother with a repair that looks bad and won't last??? ?

not for a 22 year old DR125. i think i actually have some vinyl at home but i'll need blue so i will have to get some, but that's no problem i'll give it a shot. thanks for the help.