XR600/650 members are good.

I hope I don't sound too sappy, but I have to let you people know what type of people read/wright/respond in this forum.

About a month ago I bought a 2000 XR650R on the suggestions of forum members, Sence then one of the members here Rich sold me a rear hub,rim,spokes with rubber and tube. I'm not going to say how much I paid for the set up, (Rich can if he wants)but he could have easily sold this rear set up for 3x what I paid for it.

Recently I asked if anyone had a stock XR650R seat for sale, I got a PM from Tirebiter... He not only went out of his way to dig the stock seat he had out of his basement, but GAVE it to me, SHIPPED IT FOR FREE, and there was a box of Cookies in there with the seat!!!!

I asked him for his address so I could atleast send him something... No dice!

This is 2 examples of people doing things for other people out of the goodness of their hearts. I've never met either of these men, never ridden with them, and never even had a PM conversation with either of them till the issues at hand arose. These guys don't know me from Adam, There was nothing in it for either of them to be as kind to me as they have been, and it simply amazes me how kind some people can be.

When a box arrives at your house containing a rediculously cheep priced part, or a free part (WITH COOKIES!!!) it sorta makes you step back and look around, and realize how lucky we are to have a place like this filled with the people that are here.

Rich, Dan, Thank you both sooo much!

It is awesome to get that kind of help from strangers!!!

Had sort of the same statment from a couple of new off-road bike riders, they have been involved in other active sports, but have been blown away with the whole concept of helping strangers with their problems. They would watch us "Ole Timers" help lost riders who came thru camp, and would fill them up on gas so they could make it back to there camp, and of course we wouldn't take any money. Out on the trails, we would double check on riders pulled over off the trail to see if they were OK, and stop and help if needed. I told these new riders, that in all my 30 plus years of riding, I've never seen riders not help one another. These new guys got it right away.

He not only went out of his way to dig the stock seat he had out of his basement, but GAVE it to me, SHIPPED IT FOR FREE, and there was a box of Cookies in there with the seat!!!!

I asked him for his address so I could atleast send him something... No dice!

It's all awesome news... ?:D

And yes, some VERY good people on here... :devil: as well as some bad. :awww: Thank goodness the good outweight the bad 3 fold as well. ?

I clipped your quote only because there should have been a 'from' address on the box. ?

From all the sites I've been on, passed across, or simply hacked into... this site is by far top 4.

Got to agree on this. I've only been riding for 2 months but I've ridden w/ about 15 TT'ers and I'm yet to meet one that wasn't a nice down to earth person. Not to mention all the riding tips I have picked up and how much faster I have become because of all these tips (unfortunately I still get passed by squirrels and grandma's w/ walkers) :awww:?

Thanks to all who have helped and also to all who have waited for me patiently when I crash my usual 3-5 times per trip. ?:devil:

Chris,

The first batch of cookies are free! ?

Gotta fatten up the competition.... :devil:

Hey, I checked out your business site, cool!!

Quick question - been using Liquid Performance's " cycle wash " to clean my scoots, like it..Is there another product you'd recommend that's better for dirt bikes?

I use S100 on mine, concentrating mainly on the metal. (frame, motor, wheels, swing arm) I had a guy tell me once that S100 left orange "dust" on his Raptors blue plastics... but I think he was on something. ?

I also have a pressure washer, so that helps, however you can use S100 with just hose pressure. It also helps to get a good spoke brush.

Cleans the hubs, sprockets and everything... good stuff.

Here's the stuff...

[image]http://store1.yimg.com/I/tolae_1811_29286796[/image]

Use the liquid, the arasol can tends to clog...

Most Harley shops will have it, Cycle Gear carys it too, and your local dealer can order it from Parts Unlimited, or you can buy from these guys...

http://www.topoftheline.com/s100totalcyclecleaner.html

They also have the same spoke brush I have... Get this one,

http://www.topoftheline.com/ezmotdetbrus.html

The other one is lame.

So you pull the bike out, into the drive way, put it on a stand if you have one, if not, have someone do the pull on the bars/kickstand trick so the back wheel comes off the ground.

Spray the S100 all over everything, get it good on the chain and sprockets, and any place that has grease and grime... don't forget the calipers and hubs either!

Now wander over and drag the hose out (letting the S100 sit for 90 secs or so, just as long as it doesnt dry.)Run that spoke brush around the heavy icky parts,... turn on the hose, jet stream nozzle, and fire away. Once all visible dirt is gone, 'shower' the bike till the parts are no longer slippery, then you're good to go, dry it off by riding wheelies though the neibors yard. (a towel or leafblower work too, just not as fun :devil: )

I actualy like useing a towel and going after every water spot, this gives you a chance to inspect the bolts, sprockets, brake pads etc... visual maintenece on the BRP is a good thing :awww: Almost as good as those cookies! ?

Chris, thanks for the reply.

What is S100? ( I'm dumber than a bag of rocks! )!

Try using simple green. That stuff takes EVERYHING off your bike. Like DC said about the S2100 stuff just cover your bike in it and let it sit for 60-90 seconds and then wash off. + simple green is biodegradable so your earth conscious. ?