Sign in to follow this  

Help with Jumps?

I am 36 years old and been to the track two times. I want to learn how to jump. I been doing ok on table tops. What is the best way to learn without starting at 5years old. I used to ride as a kid now I am back.

Not sure how much speed I need to clear the jumps. Plus I need to stay out of peoples way. I figured if they are good they should know how to pass people.

be very carfull here, you need alot of seat time to start jumping, you need to start your jumping off to the side of the track on some small stuff------take your time and watch others----being on the track can be alittle dangerus , most of the stuff around hear is blind and fairly high speed -----i see some ameture or pro ----bean some guy just starting out every week end and or near misses because of the new rider crosing the line or fell and could not be seen, ----take it very slow and have freinds with you and have them watch you !!!

I would recomend starting with small table tops, feel how your bike jumps and if u coem up short your not gonna case it really hard.