Sign in to follow this  

What Air Filter

The Readyfilters are a great deal. $9.95 pre-oiled with a glove to keep your hands nice and clean. the quality of the filter looks pretty good 2 me, and I plan on cleaning and re-using mine.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for the endorsement. FYI, we are starting to see some of the retailers selling for as low as $8.99. Not bad. Chaparral Motorsports and I'm pretty sure Cycle Parts West. Check out Chaparral's website for online ordering.

are these really the same quality as the other leading brands? this almost sounds to good to be true.

Yes ready filters are very good quality.I switched to them and will never go back to cleaning a filter again.Using ready filters is a no brainer. :thumbsup:

I went back to the stock filter. Tried Twin Air but the fit was not good on the stock cage and it leaked slight amount of dirt aroung the rubber gromet. No problems with Honda filter.

I went back to the stock filter. Tried Twin Air but the fit was not good on the stock cage and it leaked slight amount of dirt aroung the rubber gromet. No problems with Honda filter.

Interesting!! How were you able to determine the leakage around the rubber grommet? Were you able to find a dirt trail?

We're pretty maniacal about cleaning filters often and making sure they are sealed well. But despite all this, we still experienced the dreaded intake valve problem using the Twin-Air filters with No-Toil.

As *part* of trying to "fix" everything, we went back to using the stock Honda air filter with the No-Toil.

The No-Toil makes cleaning the filter very easy -- and we're thinking that the better fit and sligthly denser foam of the stock Honda filter will help reduce dust entry.

Well, that's our hope anyway! :thumbsup:

well this sucks! i just ordered a twin air power flow replacement filter, intending to use it with my stock cage - as per a different post... now i'm seeing that they dont fit good?

have you ever tried cleaning a ready filter and reuising it? i was concidering buy about 4 and then keep reusing the but i want to know how they hold up after cleanings.

I have decided to stick with the stock air filter since it has the rubber gasket and the dense foam gasket. I was reading the owners manual the other day and honda wrote a LONG paragraph on the air filter, and even recommended sealing the airbox/boot junction "if you suspect at all that it is leaking" :thumbsup:

-Fiddler

I bought a moose as a spare any comments?

I am going to get a couple resusable ones also . Great Idea they apear to be a great quality.

have you ever tried cleaning a ready filter and reuising it? i was concidering buy about 4 and then keep reusing the but i want to know how they hold up after cleanings.

I have cleaned mine several times and the held up great.

I have used Twin Air on several bikes. One trick to use on any air filter is to stick your finger in a tube of grease and coat the sealing edge liberally. Never had a problem with leaks. :thumbsup: