What Air Filter

Mark,

Thanks for the endorsement. FYI, we are starting to see some of the retailers selling for as low as $8.99. Not bad. Chaparral Motorsports and I'm pretty sure Cycle Parts West. Check out Chaparral's website for online ordering.

I went back to the stock filter. Tried Twin Air but the fit was not good on the stock cage and it leaked slight amount of dirt aroung the rubber gromet. No problems with Honda filter.

Interesting!! How were you able to determine the leakage around the rubber grommet? Were you able to find a dirt trail?

We're pretty maniacal about cleaning filters often and making sure they are sealed well. But despite all this, we still experienced the dreaded intake valve problem using the Twin-Air filters with No-Toil.

As *part* of trying to "fix" everything, we went back to using the stock Honda air filter with the No-Toil.

The No-Toil makes cleaning the filter very easy -- and we're thinking that the better fit and sligthly denser foam of the stock Honda filter will help reduce dust entry.

Well, that's our hope anyway! ?

I have decided to stick with the stock air filter since it has the rubber gasket and the dense foam gasket. I was reading the owners manual the other day and honda wrote a LONG paragraph on the air filter, and even recommended sealing the airbox/boot junction "if you suspect at all that it is leaking" ?

-Fiddler