Sign in to follow this  

bear necessities

hey im planning on getting a early model xr50, and I got about 500 to put into it, so far I have on my necessity list is, the heavy duty fork and shock springs, and the bbr tall seat assembly, can anyone tell me wat necessary mods are needed besides wat i have listed to make the bike rideable at the track without breakin anything until I can get some more cash? :thumbsup:, o and im 5'4" 115#s

Probably the most important thing that you left off your list was a bar set. 50's are near impossible and very uncomfortable to ride without a good bar set. And instead of a stiff rear shock spring, you may want to go ahead and get a ishoch, it will give you a much better ride, and be better for upgrading later on.

im pretty sure i still have enough cash for an ishock, will it be uneven w/ the frontend if i'm just putting in stiff fork springs? and are there other shock options, like the works performance shock? Can I get a set of bars w/ out getting all sorts of aftermarket clamps, triples, etc

With aftermarket springs it should be okay, since the front wont really sag any. And ishock would probably be your best bet as its about the only shock thats going to fit in your budget, but they are great shocks, its what I run on my bike. And sorry man but you have to get a new top clamp for new bars, but keep a eye on ebay, as you can usually find some good deals there. And trust me, a bar kit is a MUST you will not be happy riding much without it.

and does the bbr seat assembly come ready to bolt on? and I know a lot of the things say they have gripper seat covers, are they truly the gripper covers like on the yzs?

any recommendations for a set of bars? :thumbsup:

get the BBR bar/clamp kit IT comes with everything needed....which is clamps , bars, grips, grip glue, kill switch, throttle, throttle cable, brake cable, billet carb cap......etc

i bought mine from ebay for $165 so look on ebay under "crf50" and you'll find it on there.

Get a sdg seat instead of a bbr.the bbr pannel rips off the back and you have to redrill all the holes in the seat becasue they dont line up with the plastics.

Actually a new shock and some real oil dampened forks are even better. :cry:

its nice to think about :cry:, but not with a $500 budget :cry:

Actually if thats just your budget for suspenion its doable. $155 for a ishock, and you could probably find somebody selling some Sp5's or something pretty cheap.

It doesnt have reservoir but it does have rebound. They all have rebound, its just the Limited Edition model has compresion.

Fast50s bar kit and a Works shock. If you have a few $ left over get the SDG seat. If you got a good shock just ride with your weight off the forks, unless you have to steer. Don't waste your money on the stock forks.