just curious if valve issues are related to pink wire being cut - POLL

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1095125094dalewaynesmith">

Valve issues

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Pink Wire Cut

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Pink Wire Still Intact

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Guys, I don't think the pink wire has much to do with it. Our R's don't have the pink wire, that I know of, and we still have the issue.

Then again, maybe if we had the pink wire, we wouldn't have the issue... hum... ?

There is some logic to that: the pink wire mod on the X let's it rev higher. If it's true that more high-RPM use causes the valve problems, then it stands to reason that NOT doing the pink wire mod might help prevent valve problems on an X? :devil:

I had the same thought and posted it in another thread just before I read this one! The pink wire mod allows another 1,200 RPM, so it could be a contributor to valve problems on the 250X. I see you moved the pink wire on your bike, so are you having valve problems?

That's kinda what I was thinking about the time I was in the middle of my post. It would be interesting to see if the rev limiter could be lowered on the R and see that would affect the valve problems at all. I wish I knew how to do it. ? Nice thought though. :devil: