Sign in to follow this  

Most Bang 4 $

I just thought I would start this one up... What's your thought on the most BANG for the BUCK upgrade or modification that you can do for the CRF150? Let's say at $250, $500, $1000, +. This should be interesting :thumbsup:

"There is no replacement for displacement" A big bore and then a stroker would be my advice........ Easily less than a $1000. 150 to 250 ???? OOOOOOOh YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!

What is your current displacement with the Powroll set-up ?

Let me guess......200cc ??

"There is no replacement for displacement" A big bore and then a stroker would be my advice........ Easily less than a $1000. 150 to 250 ???? OOOOOOOh YEAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!

How reliable is it? Will the trans hold up? I went a different route...I spent my money on the suspintion first..CR80 front and rear w/ heavy springs and valving. Now it is time for the motor... or...do I just jump up to a CRF250R and go BIG? :thumbsup:

That answer depends on your interests of course. If you have the extra cash and want the latest in technology, definitely get the CRF250. If you want a more powerful playbike/trailbike, Upgrade it !!!

How much did you pay for the front and rear suspinsion.

I bought a 2001 CR80 Expert and sold off all that I didn't need. I would say about $700 including having them resprung and revalved. Not a bad for the HUGE difference it made on the bike. It's much lighter too. I think I'm going to sell it and get a big bike. Most of the guys I ride with have CRF250/450's and KX250f's. I wish I could keep them both but too much $$$ tied up.