Sign in to follow this  

Valve Problem POLL!! Please read and answer even if you dont have any!

How many of you guys have valve problems??

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1095131336RiddinRed">

Valve problems, answer even if you dont have them!

<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />2004's with valve problems

<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />2004's without any valve problems

<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />2005's with valve problems

<input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />2005's without any valve problems

<input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />I don't take care of my properly so I had valve problems

<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

Thanks a lot guys, be honest. I would like to see how many people actually have valve problems VS. people that don't.

And for those without valve problems, How many of you are assuming not to have any issues because you did not check them yet? :thumbsup::devil:

Have checked the vavles. I also wonder a poll should include the model X or R. I don't know how to do a poll. But my theory is that it seems more likely those with the R may have a greater chance of a problem.

2004 CRF250X, stopping by the bike shop today to pick up my third set of intakes and have them order a forth set. The bike has about 100 to 125 hours of total time. This time I’m going to experiment with the third set of valves by “NOT” changing the oil or cleaning the air cleaner or doing any type of maintains and over revving the motor , because taking care of the bike has been a total waste of time! The valves on this bike are garbage and it’s not IF, but WHEN they go.

Wow, almost 1/4 of CRF owners are having valve issues, thats big in my book. :thumbsup:

Wow, almost 1/4 of CRF owners are having valve issues, thats big in my book.

More like 1/3rd of CRF owners! This really puzzles me. Honda has a reputation for extensively testing their bikes before a new model introduction. How could they have missed this valve issue on the crf250x (and other CRFs)? Odd. :thumbsup:

My 05 has maybe 8 hours on it. I have already changed the oil once. Will be bringing it to the dealer sometime next week to do a "first service" check of everything. I'm good friends with the service manager as well as the head tech.

Dano

Wow, almost 1/4 of CRF owners are having valve issues, thats big in my book. :thumbsup:

wow outa the 63 bikes that honda sold this year 25-30% have problems .Oh wait a minute,I bet they sold more than that(sarcasm).Maybe this is just a poll from a place where people come to talk of problems or problematic bikes.I did a poll of my fellow riders 7 out 7 crf owners had no problems with valves, 1 thought his bike used more oil than it should.So I must think (by your philosophy)that there isn't such a thing as valve problems ...but it don't.I also don't talk as if I know exactly what the percentages are .My point is you are just being gullable if you believe everything you read and think applies to all cases.Now don't forget to put this in your book my friend

Wife's Honda 250X: RH Intake valve to zero twice. LH intake valve was still fine on clearance. :thumbsup:

Had both intakes valves replaced to be sure. - RandyB

2004 CRF250X, stopping by the bike shop today to pick up my third set of intakes and have them order a forth set. The bike has about 100 to 125 hours of total time. This time I’m going to experiment with the third set of valves by “NOT” changing the oil or cleaning the air cleaner or doing any type of maintains and over revving the motor , because taking care of the bike has been a total waste of time! The valves on this bike are garbage and it’s not IF, but WHEN they go.

Did you change the springs too? If not, you better next time.

Wow, almost 1/4 of CRF owners are having valve issues, thats big in my book. :devil:

wow outa the 63 bikes that honda sold this year 25-30% have problems .Oh wait a minute,I bet they sold more than that(sarcasm).Maybe this is just a poll from a place where people come to talk of problems or problematic bikes.I did a poll of my fellow riders 7 out 7 crf owners had no problems with valves, 1 thought his bike used more oil than it should.So I must think (by your philosophy)that there isn't such a thing as valve problems ...but it don't.I also don't talk as if I know exactly what the percentages are .My point is you are just being gullable if you believe everything you read and think applies to all cases.Now don't forget to put this in your book my friend

Hey man, seems you took offence to my observation, I did not mean to offend I was just surprised to see this much of an issue. From the posts and reports it is obvious this is an issue and one of fairly abnormal proportions. I also have several friends with CRFs and I’m guessing 10-15 percent are having issues two of them substantial issues costing high dollars to fix very low mileage bikes. Neither of these two guys read TT and that may have been their downfall as they did not assume they needed to check valves after 200 miles when they went 2500 plus on a YZF and at least that much on a KTM without doing the valves.

Its all good i was just making an observation :thumbsup:

Don't forget that Forum Polls... while intersting and a useful indicator.... are by no means the complete and accurate story.

== Not all Honda owners are members of ThumperTalk. (their loss, eh! (grin))

== People that are *not* having any problems do not post as much or at all

== People who are experiencing a specific problem post a lot and usually have stronger opinions due to their perceived or real problem(s)

So, it's good info -- but do take with a grain of salt.

Cheers! - rb

Only 4 are '05s, out of the 84 responses (so far). They should be about 1 month old! I would hope Honda has made some adjustments on the '05 in regard to the valve problems with the '04.

Ride,

I never beleive anything I see on the net. You know better than that. :thumbsup:

Especially when all the people from other forums like to bust Honda riders since they know that this is the best 250f out there. :devil:

I have an 04 CRF250R.had it since March 04. all 4 valves in spec. Not sure how many hours are on it, but I know its more then 40, and I ride it very hard

ive got the best bike out there , just ask me ....lol

valves are fine , still tryin to find jett setting for 05 with the WB e2 series,

you know i here a lot of ppl complain about the 04 not having enough power & a lot of other things oil loss's, but you how many ppl can actually ride this bike as fast as it will go , i hate when i here someone say :quote: do you think it has enough power, or do you think im to big or to heavy, to fast, i just laugh at these few foo's learn how to ride the bike before wanting something faster or more powerful , it kills me to explain this all the time , no offense to the slow guys out there but get fast before you ask a stupid question

2004 CRF250X with no problems. Oil changes every 5 rides. Bike never raced, yet. Valves just checked with 700 miles (?) and were right at spec. Broke the bike in easy. And do not run it up at the rev limiter (only hit once hard, held for about 3 min, to check top speed on a dry lake bed). I will keep checking more than my XR but do not expect a major problem. Don't think it will be as good as the XR valves but that is like comparing a VW and a Porshe.

I have 750 miles on my 250X and no valve problems (knock on wood). I would be curious to know how many people who are having problems with their 250X have done engine mods, especially the Pink Wire. According to Dirt Bike that raises the rev limit another 1,200 RPM, which may help cause valve issues.

Before I get a pile of flaming emails, I am not saying that is the only cause, just something to consider!