Sign in to follow this  

Anyone use Mop'nGlo floor shine as a bike prep???

My buddy Javelin ALWAYS has a shiny bike. He said to use Mop'nGlo on plastics/tire sides/motor. So I bought some, put it in a spray bottle and went to town. The KT looks SHINY. Just as shiny as with Silkolene Pro-Prep or the likes. It also has Teflon in it to repel dirt. We will see how it works after my next ride :thumbsup:

PS dont get it on the rotor :devil: I had to douche it with brakekleen to make it work again :awww:

I use it all the time on my plastics, works great and is inexpensive.. I wipe it on w/a clean rag..

Rick

I've heard that you can use that mop-n-glo stuff on your car for an easy shine. Mix with water and spray on. :thumbsup:

I always use Mop & Glo. :devil:

My wife would get so PO'D when she went looking for hers so she went and bought another bottle for her kitchen. :thumbsup:

I learn so much when I least expect it... off to the kitchen to find the mop-n-glow... I too want to have a shiny bike... and if it makes it easier to clean after a ride... I'm all for that!! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys for the tip :devil:

I found that Finish 2000 works better than Mop'n'Glo and plus it already comes in a spray bottle.

Don :thumbsup:

Mop n Glo is the shiznit!! Works great. Been using it for a couple of years now. Well until your plastic is so scratched up it doesn't matter

Fryboy

I was just going to ask if it works with scratches, is there anything that helps hide them - I know stickers will do the trick, but I'm sure they will get scratched the next time I ride.

Yes I crash a lot as a newbie I'm expecting that, so I'm OK with it.

I sanded out the scratches on my previous bike to make it look pretty for sale. It turned out good, but was a lot of work.

I was just going to ask if it works with scratches, is there anything that helps hide them - I know stickers will do the trick, but I'm sure they will get scratched the next time I ride.

It helps with the scratches but doesn't hide them completely. Try it its not too expensive

Fryboy

What is the ratio to water? 50/50 ???? Are the brakes the only thing that I should NOT use it on? Is it safe for the motor and other stuff? I don't think it would be a good idea to get it on the grips as it might make it slippery??

I'm going to try it next time I wash it.

What is the ratio to water? 50/50 ????

Make sure your bike it dry. I use it straight out of the bottle, just squirt it on a soft cloth and wipe with smooth strokes. Don't be afraid to lay it on pretty heavy. :thumbsup:

What is the ratio to water? 50/50 ???? Are the brakes the only thing that I should NOT use it on? Is it safe for the motor and other stuff? I don't think it would be a good idea to get it on the grips as it might make it slippery??

Just like mxoldtimer, I use it full strength on clean rag. When you wipe it all your plastics will be shiny. I leave the stuff on kinda thick and let it soak a bit then buff to shine. Comes out pretty nice !

Fryboy

The best way to keep your bike looking brand new is to not ride woods. I can't believe how much rocks and trees can chew up a bike. My plastics are completely scratched up and my swingarm is full of gouges, some pretty deep too.

Sanding and taking a knife to the scratchs can help but you still need to cover them up with graphics. I just put new plastics on my bike and next I'm going to lightly sand the swingarm and cover it up with graphics.