Sign in to follow this  

230 Weight loss program

Looking to shave some quick pounds off the wife's 230.....so wanted to know what the good folks on this thread have done.

Looking hard at the Dr. D complete exhaust set up, just wish I knew what it would save....

Getting the Race Tech emulators for the forks and new springs, as well as my local tuner redo the shock with an external resevoir set up.....

So what you all been doing, and no the BBR isnt an option, if I go that route I will just buy her an X!

:thumbsup:

Thanx!

HR

:devil:

:awww:

Hawaii-Rider,

An after market pipe is one way to shave some weight but you could cut about 5 inches off the stock one & get it close to the same weight. I haven't done this but know people that have on thier CRFR's. Do you know a good welder? Don't expect much if any horspower increase from the after market pipes.

Sometimes I shave 6 lbs by not filling the tank all the way if I know I don't need it. You already knew that one thou.

I have the Moose aluminum rear sprocket 51 tooth (works with stock chain). Probably the lightest sprocket out there & is showing little signs of wear. Should be good for a few seasons. It not only helps the acceleration but helps keep the wheel on the ground by reducing the unsprung weight.

With gear I probably weigh more than the bike so I'm really not concerned about cutting it's weight. One noticable improvement for me was the fork brace. The bike & I together are close to 500 lbs & I'm pushing the bikes abilities. I'm thinking you're wife may get no benefit from it thou.

I also have the emulators. Ask for a 1" stack of stainless washers thrown in with your order. As long as they're free. This way you can add more preload if you like. Just place the washers on top of the spring & put the cap back on. I'll be getting an aftermarket rear shock soon.

The stock front tire sucks in the mud. You'll see 3 knobs lined up & closly spaced. This is bad design for mud. Probably fine for hardpack. I cut the middle knob out & think this helped. Oh & saved weight too! :devil::awww::lol:

Of course you'll want to uncork & rejet. Quite a boost!

It's an XR with a button! She'll love it! :thumbsup:

Greeting, my initial post!

I am looking at the headers and pipe system from Big Gun for my 230, found a site where I can purchase the entire system for $250 plus free delivery... supposedly the new system shaves 6 lbs. from the system, will let you know when I put them on!! :thumbsup:

hey i can get the complete system for like 199.99 from e-bay and last i checked they are selling a super trick dmc alien for only 213.00 :thumbsup:

Welcome to Thumper Talk DesertDingo! Please keep us posted on your upgrades (upside as well as downsides)....Karl