661 Pressure Suit vs. 661 SP1 vs. EVS BJ2 vs. Rockgardn Flak Jacket

661 Pressure Suit vs. 661 SP1 vs. EVS BJ2 vs. Rockgardn Flak Jacket

I can't find anyone around here who stocks any of the above body armor, so if I buy it'll likely be mail order or internet.

Has anyone here had a chance to compare any of the above brands and models of body armor? Does anyone use any of these?

I have the Pressure Suit and wouldn't trade it for anything. The SP1 is an abrieviated version with less armor, particularly at the upper arm. the Rock Gardn looks like the older pressure suit(pre '04) but not that familiar with theses. I know some TT'ers have them.

I have the Pressure Suit and wouldn't trade it for anything. The SP1 is an abrieviated version with less armor, particularly at the upper arm. the Rock Gardn looks like the older pressure suit(pre '04) but not that familiar with theses. I know some TT'ers have them.

I have the pressure suit also, it has saved me from countless injuries. I may look like a power ranger nerd in but I can crash all day

OK, two users of the SixSixOne Pressure Suit. You SixSixOne Pressure Suit guys..... How are they in hot or humid weather?

No users of the EVS Ballistic Jersey?

I know a few past posters have used the Rockgarn Flak Jacket, but no new reviews.

Has anyone actually tried more than one brand or style, or did you like the first one you tried?

I just tried a heap of brands on (every one I could find in a shop) and found that the Shift, EVS & 661 pressure suits which were good as was the more expensive Dainese, however I chose the UFO Scoprion cos it had the most coverage of all.

It is a hard choice especially as I have always worn external roost protectors.

You left one out, the Nemeses Body Armor from Rocky Mountain. It's cool on hot days, and very light. The padding is not as thick as the 661 but, I have done a few dismounts with it and didn't feel a thing when I should have. It also fits a tall, skinny guy well. :thumbsup:

OK, two users of the SixSixOne Pressure Suit. You SixSixOne Pressure Suit guys..... How are they in hot or humid weather?

As long as your moving its not that hot, I do notice the heat when stopped. The wind blows right through the pressure suit, even through the pads and chest area quite nicely. As much as Ive been crashing lately, I wont ride off rode without it. :thumbsup:

As long as your moving its not that hot, I do notice the heat when stopped. The wind blows right through the pressure suit, even through the pads and chest area quite nicely. As much as Ive been crashing lately, I wont ride off rode without it. :thumbsup:

Yea hes rights the wet mesh (from sweat) does have anice cooling effect. Most of the time its all I wear, no shirt over or under.

I have the Dianese suit and have no complaints. Its really comfortable and the back protector is second to none. The back protector also unzips from the rest of the jacket. I use the jacket with no back for roller hockey and the back protector on its own under a leather jacket for the street (held in place by built in kidney belt).

I just bought the EVS. I tried the 661, but regardless of the size it did not fit me right. I think you really need to try them on to see which one fits to your body shape. They all have their pluses and minuses IMHO.

Jlpskydive,

Did you try out both the SixSixOne and/or Nemeses in a store? Or did you just buy the Nemeses out of the catalog?

Normally the SixSixOne is $190, and the Nemeses is $89.99, but now the SixSix One can be had for just under $100 as a 2004 closeout. The new 2005s just came out.

I have the rock unit and wont ride without it.

I posted a review when I first got it here on TT, and only changes I made was to cut off the included "kidney belt" in the way and I run a Kevco Stubbs unit.

It has saved my body too many times, and more protection that my Acerbis over the jersey unit it replaced. Love the rig......two thumbs up!

:awww::lol:

HR

:thumbsup:

:devil:

No users of the EVS Ballistic Jersey?

I have the EVS Ballistic and while I love riding with one piece body armor I won't buy another EVS. The mesh rips way too easy, the shoulder caps are not adjustable, the forearms are way too tight and the zipper comes up too high on my neck. Even with all the down sides, it has saved me a lot of scraps and bruises.

Looks like a recipe for heat stroke to me.  I would think as soon as you stop you would be desperately stripping those things off in the summer.

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2004 at 2:40 AM, Snapper said:

I just tried a heap of brands on (every one I could find in a shop) and found that the Shift, EVS & 661 pressure suits which were good as was the more expensive Dainese, however I chose the UFO Scoprion cos it had the most coverage of all.

It is a hard choice especially as I have always worn external roost protectors.

I have to disagree there Mate.  I don't think anything comes close to the premium quality of the Dainese Safety/Impact/Manis line of body armour.  Three things really stood out to me about the Dainese jackets over the others. 

1. The mesh has the large holes instead of the fine mesh which I found to trap less heat. (+)
  2. The dimensions were more human like as some of the others seemed to be made for aliens with freakishly long arms. (+)
  3. The price was eye-wateringly high but if you look well enough you will find a more reasonable close out price. (-)

I owned and old Dainese Safety jacket and then needed to replace it.  I bought the Rockgardn and found it was way too hot so I returned it.  I then tried Fox and it just didn't fit right so I went back to Dainese.  However, I am now considering the Acerbis Cosmo which is in 2 separate parts.  For some reason I find over the jersey chest protectors to be cooler than the pressure suits.