Sign in to follow this  

Extra Man Funnel Foam

Anyone know where you can buy some more of the foam peices for the billy who man funnel. So u think billy who will just send me some? any info would be great :thumbsup:

Billy, I got your new man funnel with the new foam. You sent it to me to try. The first time I used it and let it sit for a short time the foam started to fall off. The funnel came with the foam so it was not poor instalation. I found better luck with the original foam to be better. I sent you an email but nobody ever gets the message. :thumbsup:

uhhhh I have plenty of extra "man funnel foam" :awww:

doubt you want any of that sticky mess :devil:

seriously though.. i don't get it. I haven'thad any problems with mine!! What do you guys do to your funnels?? I just use it quickly... clean it up ... and it's fine :thumbsup:

everyone seems to have the problem except me !

trx310r, what email are you using? If you need foam use the above link and it will go out the next day. Was the foam that came on your funnel black or white/clear looking? I measured up an 05 450 yesterday and we do need to make a change to the area that attaches to the frame since it's bigger in that area on the 05. I am also going to make some changes so we get away from the foam all together, we should have it done by the time the bike is released.

I use the funnel with no foam. Does a little oil fall behind the funnel?? Sure, but who cares....it's a very small amount. These are DIRT bikes.

I measured up an 05 450 yesterday

Billy, do you think the 2004 CRF450 skid plates will fit the 2005 model?? If not, do you think the 2004 CRF250 plates will fit the 2005 CRF450??

Any input is much appreciated!!

I've given up on the foam... :thumbsup:

Billy sent me new stuff but it didn't work either. I clean the hell out of the funnel but halfway thru and oil change the stuff would pull off...

Now I prop the bike up on the side stand so the oil runs out of the funnel before it has a chance to leak... it still leaks a bit but it's a whole lot less frustrating than messing with that damn foam.

The funnel is a great idea and Billy stands behind it 100%. It just doesn't work too well for me. I still would suggest it to others tho.. I just have bad luck... :devil:

Todd.

Billywho, The new funnel had the white foam. I found that the black foam was just as good or better. I have plenty of foam left over. On the 05 if you need to make a new funnel would you think it my help be making the narrow part from the tranny drain wider. It seems to be bottle necked to much causing the oil to back up. Thanks for all the great service. :thumbsup:

The white stuff was some foam I tested, I only sent out about 20 or so funnels to people to try that type, but I never went with it since it wasn't as good. The neck down portion your talking about will be the same, I did that to avoid as many different bracket placements as possible. I know wider would be better there but that leaves little or no room for a bracket so you would have to take that one bracket off every time. The 05 has way less room there since they extended the frame gusset, so I may widen it after all though. I am going to try and work with works connection and find out where they are going to put that bracket so I can try and avoid it.

4strokes_rule, I honestly couldn't say if the 04 will work or not, it looks like it should, but the bike was stock and didn't have any skid plate on it. As soon as I find anything out on this I will let you know, PM me so I know where to find you.