Sign in to follow this  

parting out DRZ?

Is there still money to be made parting these babies out? Not that I would part my beater out but just curious if wheels are still fetching upwards of 500 and fcr's are getting the same?

I'm not parting a bike out. Just saw a complete 01 E go on ebay for under 2g's with a scotts set up. Sooo, say I picked it up.

Wheels 500

forks 250

engine 500

scotts set up 250

fcr 350

shock 75

I think the above parts could fetch that much. Probably would have been worth picking up, but I wasn't around for the closing bid.

Next time.

I've got a spare rear wheel sittin' around... how much you think it's worth on eBay? Bought it for a paddle tire. Now, I've got one stocker and one Excel. Which do you think would go for more? I'm selling the whole bike, too, but I think the wheel will bring more separately.

I have had the same idea. 10Guys predicament got me thinking about the practical nature of doing such. Lately I have been thinking of buy a whole bike for parts spares.

You forgot other valable items...like radiators, sub frame, rear shock, swing arm and so on. All the stuff people manage to F up and need replacements for are valuable.

Heck...If I was in cali I would try and buy a S bare frame to stuff some e parts into. That way they could have an E with an S VIN.

So even an S bare frame could be valuable.

Might have trouble selling those crappy 01 forks from an S

I already have the E forks on my S and the bike that sold was an E.

I sold my S forks a couple of years ago for 150.

I have had the same idea. 10Guys predicament got me thinking about the practical nature of doing such. Lately I have been thinking of buy a whole bike for parts spares.

You forgot other valable items...like radiators, sub frame, rear shock, swing arm and so on. All the stuff people manage to F up and need replacements for are valuable.

Heck...If I was in cali I would try and buy a S bare frame to stuff some e parts into. That way they could have an E with an S VIN.

So even an S bare frame could be valuable.

Exactly, You could keep spares for what you need and sell the rest to break even.

ooh.. rear wheel...

I've been looking for one of those...

I got a spare front wheel... I won it on ebay..

Sell me that rear wheel damnit!

:thumbsup: I was first .!!!

I have a front wheel too and need the rear!!!

I got it together with a complete 03 front end to put on my 01 S

gbroboy,

I'm looking to get a rear subframe from an S model. Would you be willing to sell it alone from one of your frames? Where are you located?