Sign in to follow this  

Rear brake is always on!! help!!

hi

i got a wr250 02, the problem is that the rear brake is always braking some.. i just noticed after some riding in sand a shouting noise from the disc caused by the tight brakes. i have changed the pads, changed the brakefluid, the brake cylinder seems to run smoothly (i have not disassemblied it). except that they are slightly to tight the brake is ok. the pedal has a gap also so i dont think thats the problem.

what could be the problem? :thumbsup:

/sorry for my bad english

Are the brakes actually applied, or is it one of the pads rubbing against the disk? If so, it could be that the caliper is not floating (able to slide back and forth) like it should.

I've had the slider pins get rusty and quit sliding before. Now, when I change rear pads, I pull the caliper assy apart and grease the slide pins. :thumbsup:

oh yes i forgot to mention that, i have greased those two slide pins. both pads seem to push the disc, braking it. if i loosen the pads using a screwdriver the wheel spins fine.

i would like the brake cylinder to move further in (away from the pads) when no pressure is on the brake, that would fix the problem :thumbsup:

hmmm... then more than likely the piston is not moving freely inside the caliper, possibly the result of dirt inside the rubber seal around the piston. Or worse yet, it could be scoring on the piston or cylinder which may require honing the cylinder and/or replacing the piston.

If you decide to tackle it yourself, be sure everything is REALLY clean and free of debris before putting it back together. Also, you will probably want to get a vacuum brake bleeding kit to make it easier to bleed the system when your done.