Sign in to follow this  

Cars Hurt... A testimonial to manufacturers.

So today I just had a little incident on the way to work.

Rear ended a guy who came to a stop way fast. I was lookin in my mirror next thing I know the engine to his dune buggy. I just couldnt stop in time and there was nowhere to go but forward into the engine. Rather hard hit too I ended up hitting it square and then my body sluffing off the back onto the road. :lol::D :D

I came out with a couple scrapes and bruises....

The DRZ took it like she always does. Fricken Tank! :thumbsup:

Unabiker your Radiator guards saved my left radiator for sure. Not even a tweak. Totally broke my shroud.

The T2 bars took it. The Acerbis handguards took it. :devil::awww:

The front end survived the beating fine. The rest of the bike doesnt even have a scratch on it. :lol::D

What a killer bike. Most street bikes woulda come out with all the fairings broken etc. for sure :snore: I lub my DRZ. :awww:

Most importantly, I'm glad you are alright.

There is not much on the back of a dune buggy I would want to run into.

Thanks for the product testing.

Check's in the mail.

Im fine thanks guys...

Although I didnt get a good look and I'm not 100% sure.... It seems that dune buggys have like an alternator belt on the back or something.

My knee has a gash where I hit something sliced right through my pant like a razor. Coulda been worse I suppose a belt could have sucked my pants in and taken me for a ride. Then I probably would be in IC instead of typing this.

We didnt report it or swap info or anything cause it was fairly minor. His car wasnt damaged really. Cept that muffler my tire bent to crap. :awww:

Woulda been my fault anyways so I was glad to leave without incident. Although I swear his blinky wasnt on. :devil::D:lol::thumbsup:

Don't feel bad I had an Opel Kadet (man does that age me) literally cut my DT1 in half. I landed up in somebodys yard. My poor buddy hit the curb. My bike went to the junkyard. The old lady drove off. I had her liscense plate number memorized. She lost her drivers liscence and her insuance bought me a new bike. Don't know if Robbie was compensated for his broken arm or not. That's a small car that did that to me and my buddy. They are all bigger than a bike though. They all almost 100% of the time win in a smashup. prairiedawg :devil::awww::thumbsup:

out braked

Yes that sounds about right. 60 - 0 in no seconds compared to me and my desperatly yelling at the bike to get it to stop with its DOT legal knobs. :thumbsup:

Cant wait to get the supermoto stuff going then I will have some serious stopping power. Knobs are not safe. :devil:

Prarie... You are right the motorcyclist never comes out ahead.