Sign in to follow this  

BURST MY BUBBLE!

OK, I have new bike fever, real real bad. Why? I have no idea whatsoever :D Just returned from Moab, friend of mine on the trip has an 03 KTM 450EXC. I am really looking hard at the 400EXC. My friend let me ride his 450. I don't mean around the parking lot, for those of you familiar with Moab, I got to ride it from about Widow Maker on Metal Masher, down Gemini Birdges to the truck. First off that bike will just out turn my DRZ. But, long story short, I just saved a bunch of money, and I don't mean on my car insurance :lol:

I asked him what he thought of the DRZ. He said it was nice but the suspension bottoms out too easy. :thumbsup::D I asured him it was not bottoming out. Then we looked the bike over :awww: I must back track a little here, just before we traded bikes I had a little confrontation with a log, BIG rock, another big rock, and gravity (son says I looked real impressive when I jumped off. Looked like Superman, arms out in front, using words I shouldn't have. Landed on my feet and took off running to get away from that Suzuki that was heading in my direction, just looking to get even with me for doing what I just tried to do :lol:) To shorten the story again and get back to the shock bottoming out. Seems that if you bend the bracket that holds the pipe to the subframe, the pipe will act as a stop to the full suspension travel. Now, I supose this could be a good thing to some, it will prevent the wearing out of the spring and shock, and the rear tire does a very nice job of polishing the exhaust pipe. Gives it a nice finish :devil: On the other hand, the ride gets a little harsh and the outside lugs on the old Dunlop wear at a faster rate. :D

Wow! Too bad I didn't know about the new suspension saver mod earlier!

TOO DANG FUNNY!

While I have yet to determine if I'll regret going to a 250f, the weight difference FEELS HUGE! :devil:

Granted on a 03 250f I only saved about 30 lbs? (previous owner weighed it with 1/3 tank at 154lbs) but it feels huge.

At the same time, if it'll cost you $$$$$ to save a few pounds (cost me taxes & registration - thats it...)it may not be worth it. The DRZ is a great bike! :thumbsup::awww: