Sign in to follow this  

Rear end setup on KX250F

My son scares me to death on his KX250F. When I am riding behind him on the trails I watch his bike. When he hits a deep whoop section, the back end of his bike will jump side to side while my bike tracks straight.

More info: He is underweight. He weighs just a bit over a hundred pounds. I know it is over sprung for him, but I hate to buy soft springs just to have him hit a growth spurt.

What can I do to straighten out this problem??

Jimbo

Since he is so light, I would back the compression adjusters out, possibly all the way. Then I would experiment with more and less rebound to see what happens. After that you'll have to look into spending some $$. :thumbsup:

Well Jimbo,

If you want to get the best performance for your son. I would definetly start by getting the right springs for his weight, otherwise, you would just be bumping your head against a brick wall. At slightly over a hundred pounds there is no way IMO that you will be able to dial in his suspension with the compession adjusters.

Your springs are the foundation for suspension. the valving is just there to control the rate at which a spring compresses or rebounds.( faster or slower)

The other thing is you will have a better piece of mind next time you are following your boy though the woods.

(I know that feeling) :thumbsup:

Russ

Broken bones are more expensive than the proper springs and valving. You can always sell the lighter springs later.