Sign in to follow this  

K&N Airfilter

New to the forum and have read through the mod and jetting threads and have not seen much if any mention of the K&N air filter. I see a lot of references to the 3x3 air box mod. I have had many good experiences with K&N air filters on other bikes and I am considering this for my DRZ400S. I have ordered the FMF Powercore 4 SA and FMF jet/needle kit.

Opinions? :thumbsup:

Thanks,

I may get corrected here but here goes anyway, If you ride mostly or all on the highway they are great but if you ride a lot in the dirt I would refrain from using them, They let to much dirt in.... :thumbsup:

I have one on my quad and if not properly cleaned and re-oiled constantly they will let some fine dust through. If it didn't come with the machine I would not buy one. Offroad, i'd stick to foam.

Mike -

Great for the street not so good for the dirt. They let way too much dirt into your motor. I've had plenty of race motors rebuilt because of my stubborness towards that brand of air filter. I finally learned my lesson. Amazing what a good foam filter can do for the motor. I don't think I'd even use one on the street now. prairiedawg :thumbsup:

Hi all, time to dust off an old thread!

I've ordered dirt wheels for my bike and want to replace the K&N with a twin-air foam filter. Assuming my bike runs properly, what should I adjust in the carb and by how much?

Thanks, Steve

If your bike is running fine with the K&N then it will (should) run fine with any foam filter (like a Twin Air). It's possible that it might run a little bit rich, but not by much.