Sign in to follow this  

IS CRF 450 FOR ME?

I am 23, 6'-0" 190#. I am currently riding a yz125. I have been riding mx or a few years now and I am planning on racing next year. I want to get a new 4-stroke but can't decide what to get. I have to fight hard on the yz to clear some jumps and I clutch the crap out of it out of corners.It just doesn't seem to be enough bike.I rode a kx250f and liked it a lot more than the 2-stroke. I need some pros - cons of the crf450r vs. crf250r. I just don't want to get in over my head power wise. 34hp vs. 50hp?

Sledge, I'm 45, same height and weight. Rode a DRZ prior to CRF450 and have been on tracks and trails. Currently going to race (MX and Hairscrambles) this year in the FTR organization. The bike will be perfect for you and it shouldn't wear you out if your in shape!!

Don :thumbsup:

I don't find that I am clutching the 4-strokes one third as much as my last bike (99 YZ250). It's alittle different riding style. With just about the whole 125 class on four strokes I don't think could would go wrong with a 250f. But your size could handle the 450f's no problem and if you ride trails at all go with the 450. :thumbsup:

But your size could handle the 450f's no problem and if you ride trails at all go with the 450.

I don't know about that....I love my 250 in the woods. If it only had a Z-Start. :thumbsup:

Sledge, go with the 450. The best part about the 450 is the powerband. You don't have to worry about the power as it is only as harsh as your wrist will allow. It is gentle, yet as the same time, it is a beast just waiting to be unleashed. You WON'T regret it