Moving to Philly, need advice

I currently live in an area where I can ride my DRZ right out of my yard and into the hills. It's nice and I just leave my bike parked next to my house with a tarp on it.

However, in about two weeks I will be moving into NE Philadelphia and was curious about a few things...

First of all, I don't have a garage, so what can I do to protect my bike? Is it going to be a major theft target?

Secondly, where can I go to find some trails?

Any help or ideas would be great.

Thanks! ?

In Philly you have nice people then you have bad people. Alot of theft goes on in Philly. You wont beable to leave your bike out side when living there. It will be gone in minutes. I forget who it was, some freestyle mx guys got there trailer broken into like last year and all there bikes stolen in Philly..

SELL YOUR BIKE OR PUT IT IN STORAGE WHILE YOU ARE IN PHILLY,

1. THERE IS NO PLACE TO RIDE THAT ISN'T AN HOUR OR TWO DRIVE.

2. THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR BIKE OUTSIDE EVEN W/ THE BEST LOCKS IF SOMEONE WANTS IT THEY WILL GO TO GREAT LENGTHS TO GET IT, EVEN IN A SECURE GARAGE. SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD BE HONEST, HOPING IT WILL SAVE YOU FROM FUTURE HEADACHES. GOOD LUCK

OK, let's go with the thread title.

"moving to Philly, need advise."

My advise is....don't move to Philly! Why on Earth would you want to move there from where you are now??? ?

I don't get it. Sell the bike and buy a gun. At least YOU will be safe, 'cause the bike will be just a memory in a matter of hours. :devil:

I'm in NE Philly. I grew up in South Philly and you couldn't leave anything out or it would be stolen quickly. Depending how far into the North East you move will make a big difference. I would keep it locked up in the yard with one of those alarm disc locks on it.

I usually travel to go ride but from what I hear there are some local spots I just haven't had an opportunity to try them.

Philly is not that scarey. Especially the NE. I know of one spot in phila to ride and it has ample parking and the police stop in all the time to see who, what or if anything is on the stolen list. They hang out for about and hour and watch everyone ride. The cop that was there the last time I went had an RM and rode there too.

If you can, rent a storage bin to keep the bike in.

What town exactly are you moving to? NE Philly is a pretty big area.

Dude you're lucky your girl (wife now, right?) rides! I have one day on the weekend to ride I also have been spending time helping my club cut trails and racing. I definately do want to hook up and ride with you again. I think I'll have time after our enduro on 10/3. You gonna ride it? I'm riding sweep in the first section. It's gonna be a great run lots of trail. Our run was known for the large sugar sand whoops but it's not going to be like that this year. You'll have a lot of fun gauranteed. ?