Sign in to follow this  

Header pipe guards

Hi, I have a FMF powerbomb header and can't seem to find a guard for it.

Is their any after market pipe guards out there that would work???

Thats a great idea.Im ging to have to do that.AV i think you are going to be my boots hero because they wont get burned anymore.

Thats a great idea.Im ging to have to do that.AV i think you are going to be my boots hero because they wont get burned anymore.

Been there, done that... :devil: Especially when the bike falls on you on the right side with your leg stuck in there somewhere... :thumbsup:

check out av's website for a clean setup:

http://mysite.verizon.net/avinh/motorcycles/wr250f/Universal_heat_shield_clamps.html

I just did the same thing. Thanks av!

Hi, When I click on the site above all I get is a picture. How can I get those parts??????

flatlandracing.com

Here's a link:

http://flatlandracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=FR&Category_Code=Universal

BTW: When I got my kit, it didn't have those 1/8 " looking spacers that are in the picture on av's site. The screws that mount the guard to the bracket were too long (I suppose that's what those spacers were for). If I would have screwed them in enough to tighten the guard I would have put big dents in my header. I had to cut those screws almost in half. It worked out fine, but it was a pain in the butt. :thumbsup: I didn't see the spacers in the picture until after I had installed it. I'm not sure I would have wanted the guard sticking out that far anyway.

Ask Mike Shown to throw in some spacers if you need them (it shouldn't be a big deal for him), especially if you have a PB head pipe like I do - you'll need the 1/8" spacer for the middle clamp and nothing for the 2 end clamps. I believe I only used one of his bolts for the middle clamp and the stock bolts for the 2 end clamps.

One thing you might want to do is use some red heat resistance silicone when installing these bolts and let it dry before for riding your bike (12 to 24 hrs). I lost a stock bolt shortly after installing that system, ever since I put the red silicone in there, the bolts stay put :thumbsup: Loctite may work too, but that area is pretty high heat...

Try E-Line, I think they have a carbon fiber heat shield for the FMF Powerbomb header.