Sign in to follow this  

Trail Tech Enduro Computer Died

My trailtech is about 1 1/2 yrs old and recently died after a ride in the rain. Entire desplay is lit up. All 8's plus the other little indicators.

I am guessing water got inside somehow and is shorting something out. Is it shot forever?

Is there any warranty of any sort? I do realize it is over a year old and it may just be my loss.

Pretty disapointing since I haven't really used it other than to keep trakc of hours on the bike.

Any suggestions or hints? Anyone from Trailtech have any comments?

Give them a call, they have great customer service. I recently had a problem with my cable and they replaced free of charge :thumbsup:

I don't know anything about those things, the only thing I can offer is this:

Three years ago my wife had our GPS in the vest pocket of her life vest, and went for a swim with it. It was submerged for probably 20 - 30 min.

I thought it was dead for good, because it wouldn't power up at all. :devil:

I took it home, put it in the basement. I had a small fan that I set on the lowest setting and put it right on it and forgot about it for a week.

When I came back downstairs a week later, it powered up. :thumbsup:

Fabulous customer service, its just that mine eats batteries 3 times a day. I baked it in the sun one day and it told me i was doing 95 mph :thumbsup: I am gonna try a ICO dualsport.

I think simple green (after many uses) ate away from the water seal on mine, and it stopped working. Oh well, I had it for over a year (warranty is either 6 months or a year, can't remember which) and I loved having the speedo and hour-meter. Maybe next spring I'll go ahead and buy another one. I've been sent two replacement cables for free, both times it had been my fault they were wrecked :thumbsup:

Great service :devil::awww:

I called Trail tech. Great customer service. Not Warranty after 6 months, but they will give a discount on another unit.

Finally got the time to look into it further last night. Removed battery lid and battery, blew it out lightly with dry compressed air and it seems as good as new. I will be much more carefull about getting it wet in the future.

I get mine wet all the time. I just take the battery cover off and battery out and let it dry. It comes back to life evertime. Just record all your mileage data before the start of each ride just in case you loose it when the unit gets wet. :thumbsup:

I called Trail tech. Great customer service. Not Warranty after 6 months, but they will give a discount on another unit.

Finally got the time to look into it further last night. Removed battery lid and battery, blew it out lightly with dry compressed air and it seems as good as new. I will be much more carefull about getting it wet in the future.

Did they say how much of discount, I hate not having mine :cry:

I have a spare I'm not using.....I've actually never even ridden with it on the bike.....I was thinking of putting it up on ebay, but I'd rather sell it on here. If you're intersted, let me know :cry:

I was worried about mine quitting after getting wet so I bought a spare head unit on ebay that was listed under bicycles. Think I got it for $20 including shipping.