Sign in to follow this  

question about Gary's schooling....

Gary, I am 17 years old and ride the INT. class. I plan on going pro in a few years and racing arenacross, and then going to Supercross. as you can imagin I know all the basics. I have been to a few schools and all they teach me is things I allready know. I have a flat track( or Slolom course, as said in video #7) I also have a circle track to work on drifting. What I need to know is what else would you teach a rider to make him faster at the intermediate to pro level? I have a good training schedule,and I practice at least 4 times a week,and race every weekend. Do I just need to keep working those corner drills,and work on my entrance and exit speed? or are there any special "practice methods" that will make me faster? Also I have ridin with Cory Young (Brently now) he lives only 45 min away. should I invest time to go train with him, I know he used to teach your schools around here.

Gary, I am 17 years old and ride the INT. class. I plan on going pro in a few years and racing arenacross, and then going to Supercross. as you can imagin I know all the basics. I have been to a few schools and all they teach me is things I allready know. I have a flat track( or Slolom course, as said in video #7) I also have a circle track to work on drifting. What I need to know is what else would you teach a rider to make him faster at the intermediate to pro level? I have a good training schedule,and I practice at least 4 times a week,and race every weekend. Do I just need to keep working those corner drills,and work on my entrance and exit speed? or are there any special "practice methods" that will make me faster? Also I have ridin with Cory Young (Brently now) he lives only 45 min away. should I invest time to go train with him, I know he used to teach your schools around here.

You sound like you're going about it right but to get to the level you want to acheive there is more to it than what you are doing. I think you would want to have a private or semi-priate lesson with me instead of a group class. If you are living in Arkansa that is a long way from Ohio. The weather is kind of ify this time of year. I think you would learn some valuable stuff from my newest DVD (How to Practice Motocross). Then contact me in the spring about some training. If you want to ride with Cory in the mean time you may be able to pick some stuff up there to. Do you have my MX Conditioning Video or DVD?

Good luck, :thumbsup:

I have gotten info on the new video. I plan on buying it asap. Also I do have the MX Conditioning video. I have thought about getting private lessons before, but I go to public school and it is kinda hard to get away. I barly get away for Branson and lake whitney. One question on the training schedule. I see on your Conditioning video how to train properly and all but should it says on there to work out twice a week if possible. would it work to split those work outs up like do upper body one day and then do lower body the next and then take off friday. because I feel like I am not doing enough with only twice a week. Also I play soccer for my school, is this a good cross training or could this be working aginst me?