Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Cover

I got just got back from my first gncc and noticed my clutch cover has a small hole in it from rock damage. I can not get a new cover by the race this weekend and was wondering if anyone has ever tryed to epoxy it? If so how well did it work?

I got just got back from my first gncc and noticed my clutch cover has a small hole in it from rock damage. I can not get a new cover by the race this weekend and was wondering if anyone has ever tryed to epoxy it? If so how well did it work?

Take the cover off, bang the crack from the inside if it's pushed in, scuff up the area with some 80 grit sandpaper and clean it good with contact cleaner. Get some JB Weld (around $5) and put a thin coat on the inside of the crack.

I fixed my 450 about a month ago and it's fine. I've also fixed a few of my CR250's over the years.

:thumbsup: Second that one. JB Weld works great. I patched the radiator on my wife truck about two months ago and still going strong. I had a friend use it to temporarily seal a crack in his transmission on his Acura Integra and held great for two days until he got the new tranny.

The stuff cures hard and is like metal. You can drill it, sand it, whatever.

I put two holes in mine. I ordered a new one from ServiceHonda.com for I think $36. Was told it was going to be two weeks. So, I took the old off, banged out the two dents, sand blasted the outside, and liberly buttered the outside of the cover with JB Weld. I did not like the idea of putting it on the inside in case some small particals come off. It may not look real pretty on the cover but I really don't care how it looks just how it runs and rides. Worked great.

I actualy recieved my new cover in two or three days just after I did the repair. I still haven't put the new one on and not sure when I will. I guess I will keep it for a spare.

I would fix it as I have done and order a new one for a spare. On the east coast its always possible to punch a hole in one.

By the way the cover looks good sand blasted.