Sign in to follow this  

Hatfield mcoy

I was going to go there riding. I would like to know a couple of things about the place first. They say you need a flame arrestor. I was wondering if they check. Alot of spots I go say you need one but they never care if you don't. Also what is the ground like? Is it relly rocky?

I rode four days there in July. I did not see anyone official the entire time I was there.

As for the terrain, here are some pics from my trip. It is typical mountain terrain.

[image]H-M_DNF_1.jpg[/image]

[image]H-M_Trail_11.jpg[/image]

[image]H-M_Trail_5.jpg[/image] [image]H-M_Trail_4.jpg[/image] [image]H-M_Trail_8.jpg[/image]

The ground is rocky, but in most areas the rocks are firmly planted in the ground versus a lot of loose cover. There are many miles of challenging trails, ranging from fire roads to single track. Lots of hills, but since everything has a rating to help pick the best trails.

I have been there twice and no one ever checked my bike, but it is a good idea to have the spark arrestor in any case. I enjoyed both times I have been there. The people in the local towns actually welcome you versus the normal dirt biker treatment.

Aaaah Rambo...that third image again. What memories from that spot! That poor girl we helped get down that section is probably still crying from that incident. No thanks from her bastard of a father.

Randy

Aaaah Rambo...that third image again. What memories from that spot! That poor girl we helped get down that section is probably still crying from that incident. No thanks from her bastard of a father.

Randy

When I rode that spot, I was alone and it had been raining. It was my only wipe-out of the trip. :thumbsup::devil:

I just got back from there too - rode last thursday-saturday....first time there and it was great :thumbsup::lol:

I will have pics and a full ride report post when I get the pics back - Friday :awww:

I drove 6 1/2 hours to get there, worth every bit of it :devil:

where do you and randywrf ride the most? Just looking for some new area's.

I rode Gilbert to Man. That was my first time there. It will not be my last. The place is awesome. :thumbsup:

I met up with a group of guys there and we rode Little Coal River trails first day, Bearwallow trails the second day, and Rockhouse trails the last day. The rockhouse trails are whats in between Gilbert and Man

Holy $h!t map quest said its 8h and 50 min. I thought it was way more north. I hate driving. Oh well If it is as good as I hear it will be worth evey minute.

Hillbilly rentals???

C'mon! :thumbsup:

Look up Browning Fork trailhouse! The nicest, most acommodating people you'll meet. They have three units that hold a total of something like 26 people. Location is perfect too, right on one of the Browning Fork trailheads.

Randy

Look up Browning Fork trailhouse! The nicest, most acommodating people you'll meet. They have three units that hold a total of something like 26 people. Location is perfect too, right on one of the Browning Fork trailheads.

Randy

Sounds great.

Hillbilly rentals???

Randy

That is where we stayed. It was a nice set-up. We could ride right up the "holler" to the trails. It was the cheapest vacation we ever took. :devil:

Has anyone tried out the Pinnacle Creek trails.

I live in NC and am trying to find something closer to home.

I have been to Logan area on Polaris ATV's but never on my bike.

Where is the best " Bike Trails " at.

Single track, hillclimbs, some challenges?

Has anyone tried out the Pinnacle Creek trails.

I live in NC and am trying to find something closer to home.

I have been to Logan area on Polaris ATV's but never on my bike.

Where is the best " Bike Trails " at.

Single track, hillclimbs, some challenges?

Well I rode a full day at each of these three:

Browning Fork Trail / Rockhouse Trailhead

Dingess Rum Trail / Bearwallow Trailhead

Little Coal River Trail / Water Ways Trailhead

And of these three - Browning Fork Trail / Rockhouse Trailhead and the Dingess Rum Trail / Bearwallow Trailhead were the most challenging - some nice singletrack at these two, and a some really good hill climbs on the expert trails :cry: :cry:

But I will say - at the rockhouse trailhead, you better be pretty good to make it through the singletrack and the expert trails.....lots of rocky hills - with big loose rocks :cry: :cry:

Great stuff....and it is worth a 6-10 hour drive if you ride a few days :cry:

I see you are from N. Carolina. I want to look in at moving to Greenville. I no it probily is not close to you but can you tell me anything about it. How is the area? How far some riding spots are and anything you may have.