Sign in to follow this  

I-cat spark

Anybody tried one of those Icat spark things that attach to your spark plug? I saw this thing for the first time on 4strokes.com. They make some big claims, is supposed to add power by "making sure the entire a/f mixture is burned". Sounds like spark is prolonged, or multiple (I know women like this!) Kinda sounds like our stock hondas arent burning the entire charge? I find this hard to believe. Just wondering what anyones experience has been with one of these. They retail for about $200.00

i heard its awesome, but at $200, it better be awesome...i dont know if i'd be willing to spend that money, though...but anyway, everywhere i've seen it (magazines mainly) they say its so worth it...lemme know what you think of it if your buy it

<font color="navy">I haven't tried one myself, but even at $200, I'm tempted. Perhaps $150?... I have heard very positive things about this and know of one TT'r who has tested it on both a modified and stock XR400 and said the claims were valid (he still uses it on his bike). $200 does sound high, but when I see the money people spend on other performance items (like, ahem, exhaust pipes) that can't show the same performance boost, it seems more worthwhile. I guess my biggest "problem" with it is that it wears out over time (how long depends on how much you ride)...