Sign in to follow this  

lets see here,kx80 to a yz250f

ok.i know this kid i occasionally ride with who has napolean complex(he thinks he's bigger and badder than everyone else)he rides a 94 kx80 big wheel. he is soon to be looking to get a 2002 yz250f.yz250fs' are powerful bikes for tracks and such. he is 5' 3" weighing in a whopping 100 lbs.does anyone out there think this little munchkin has enough balls to handle a yz250f? if so,please prove me wrong.

i no this kid that races at our tracks and hes prop just a little over 100 lbs and he can ride anybike you give him and win on it. he raced a crf 450 in the the 250am. and won. so it just depend on how much skill he has.

im sure you could put most riders on a big bike like that know how to ride and they'll do just fine.the weight doesnt really matter,but how about his height? 5' 3" seems a wee short for a bike that has a 37" seat height. for me,im 5' 10" and when i ride on various hondas and yamahas that have a 37"+ seat height im on my tip toes.i can ride it just fine and dont have to worry about tall seats.but as for the 5' 3" kid, would he be able to hold up a tall bike such as that one?

He can hold it while riding, he'll have problems when he has to stop!! :thumbsup:

While you are riding you only need one foot on the floor at each time, so I guess he'll be ok!

My son is 13, turning 14 this month. He's just a hair under 5'4" and weighs 110 pounds. He's been on a 02 kx85 since aug of 01 when he was 4'5 and 80#. He takes my 02 YZ250F out on our track. He'a a good rider, mid pack in beginner 85 class, but not wicked fast. He clears all our doubles no trouble...even some of the bigger ones I'm not doing anymore since my crash. He can't wait to inherit my bike next summer when he's hopefull 5'7-8" and 125-135#. He can even start the bike, and take off without using the kickstand! And he absolutely loves the power!!!!!!!!! He wanted a Cr125 until he rode one. Now he just sits and waits for dad to get a new bike so he can claim mine all to himself! :thumbsup: You get the idea. That kid can probably ride the 250f no problem.

Before i got my bike i was about 5'5 about 100 pounds and came from a yz85, i went to a yz250F, no problems for me.

I can off my 85s to my 250f I was 5'4" and about 110 or so. I had to use starting blocks. it wasnt so bad. when I crashed I just pushed over to a berm or something like that. I am now 5'11" and can touch no prob on my 04's. acctually I have a taller seat on my bikes because I can turn better and what not. the only thing. I wish I woulda stayed on 80s longer. but its to lait now. after riding my F for a season I got back on my lil bros 85 and rode fast enough to hang with anyone. it was awsome. I just kept hittin my frekin knees on the triple clamp.

My Daughter moved from a yz85 to a yz250f six weeks ago, she is 5'5 115lbs or so and flyes on this new bike, she has moved to the novis-b class already. She tryed to ride the 85 again and just cant, told me, dad that thing is slow. It all depends on the rider.