Sign in to follow this  

DRZ - The R stands for reliability

I've been reading the Honda forums, interested in the new CRF-450X. Those forums over there are depressing. Valve problems, oil problems, motor time bomb problems, re- builds, top ends, etc etc. - yuck

I love my DRZ.

And how. :awww: Cant stop this bike without some serious effort..... Or serious mistakes. :thumbsup::lol:

A lot of people are like... Thats a trail bike and its heavy.... Ya and you forgot its also... used in AMA Supermoto, A winning GNCC offroad bike, and it doesnt even come close to sucking valves down and blowing up every 25 hours like its Red and Blue Japanese cousins. :devil:

I agree, so far so ggod with mine. Only had it 3 months and ridden it alot but nothing wrong yet. Hope mine is another success story!!

The DRZ is reliable for sure, but the CRF has been just as reliable for me, and it's way faster stock. Just different tools for different jobs. If you're piling on the hours every year, and you don't want to recondition the valves once in a while, get a DRZ. If you want a bike that requires a little more maintenance, but performs at a higher level and weighs less, get the CRF.

The oil is a non-issue, change it every few rides and you'll never have a problem. The CRF holds around ~1.5 qts. total (I run 1.75), the DRZ holds ~2 qts., not a big difference. The CRF keeps the tranny and clutch junk out of the engine side, big difference. :thumbsup:

IMO, if Honda or Yamaha sold their 450's in street trim, 90% of the "S" owners here would be riding red or blue. The extra performance is worth the maintenance.