If you say you want it then you should take it

Or at least let me know you changed your mind. Not to complain but this really chapps my --- . I have bought and sold things here on tt plenty of times and 95% have been great experience's but I was trying to sell this tank I have had three people tell me they will take it so I pm them back and give them my info tell them to call me to arrange shipping or we can meet, then all of a sudden nothing, no pm no phone call nothing. I pm them again asking if they want it please let me know either way yes or no. No response. I had 2 guy's wanting it at the same time so I told the first guy since he was first he could take it but if not let me know because another person wanted it. He said don't sell it he wanted it. Then nothing by the time I contact the 2nd guy he allready bought another tank. I just get sick of it. just had to get that off my chest Thanks for listening

The flip side of that....if you're gonna sell it, at least have the courtesy to tell someone you've got someone else on the hook. Was gonna BUY a tank from someone here on TT ... requested a little more info and pics. Two weeks later, got them. Was VERY interested and said so. Sent 2 PMs and was never answered.

And while we're at it...Have the same friggin' standards for ANYONE on this board who asks for info and questions. Had one guy selling a WR (he's on the east coast). Shipping to CA was brought up on the post by a friend of mine. Guy seemed amenable to it, so I PM'd him and asked about the bike and shipping to CA. Was told he was interested in selling it to me but not shipping to CA BUT continued in the thread the next day to talk to my buddy about shipping it out here to him. SSSHHHEEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!

OK...my vent is now over. Thanks for letting me jump onboard with my complaints. ?

People are liars.

In Real Estate & the Mortgage biz the catch phrase is... "Buyers are Liars".

Tell me that ain't the pot calling the kettle black. Crikey!!!

Ah so true, however I have to defend my honor. LOL

Gots to check them out and make sure they do honest business my friend because if it sounds to good to be true it generaly is. Also have to make sure they didn't just jump on the band wagon in the last three years with this refi boom, a solid 5+ years experience at least.

And while we're at it...Have the same friggin' standards for ANYONE on this board who asks for info and questions. Had one guy selling a WR (he's on the east coast). Shipping to CA was brought up on the post by a friend of mine. Guy seemed amenable to it, so I PM'd him and asked about the bike and shipping to CA. Was told he was interested in selling it to me but not shipping to CA BUT continued in the thread the next day to talk to my buddy about shipping it out here to him. SSSHHHEEEEESSSSHHHHH!!!

Wellllllllllllll, yes and no.. The seller can sell what he wants to who ever he wants excepting or requesting any stipulations he so desires.

I have sold things on TT, that were shipped before payment was received.. Others I have not.. By your statement,, That is wrong... I disagree.

I have sold things here that I insisted the buyer pay for insurance, and a return receipt and accept that the package would be signature required.. Most other times I have not done this.. This too is my option based on my level of trust, the way the transaction has taken place, and other things I make those judgments from.

I may or may not make the same offer to all TT'ers on a particular part.. Is not required, should not be required, and it's call free enterprise.

In your example above.. Any number of reasons could have caused such a situation… Maybe the seller did not trust you to enter and complete the transaction based on your previous posts, or discussions,, and he did not feel the same way about the guy in CA? Maybe the seller was getting more money, or better responses from the CA buyer,, so the extra hassle of shipping was worth it..

Lots of reasons to change, manipulate or refuse an offer from one buyer to the next.

Wellllllllllllll, yes and no.. The seller can sell what he wants to who ever he wants excepting or requesting any stipulations he so desires.

I have sold things on TT, that were shipped before payment was received.. Others I have not.. By your statement,, That is wrong... I disagree.

I have sold things here that I insisted the buyer pay for insurance, and a return receipt and accept that the package would be signature required.. Most other times I have not done this.. This too is my option based on my level of trust, the way the transaction has taken place, and other things I make those judgments from.

I may or may not make the same offer to all TT'ers on a particular part.. Is not required, should not be required, and it's call free enterprise.

In your example above.. Any number of reasons could have caused such a situation… Maybe the seller did not trust you to enter and complete the transaction based on your previous posts, or discussions,, and he did not feel the same way about the guy in CA? Maybe the seller was getting more money, or better responses from the CA buyer,, so the extra hassle of shipping was worth it..

Lots of reasons to change, manipulate or refuse an offer from one buyer to the next.

All good, except I WAS the CA buyer...and the only thing in question was the matter of how to get the bike to CA (me).

And I'm not questioning the right to free enterprise. Just expressing my frustration at a particular situation.

man it's just like when i play mxunleashed! i can run a 20 lap moto, gradually increase my lead to like 20 seconds over the course of the race and then on the very last friggin lap it's like the whole damn game goes haywire! the controller gets super sensitive so i start accidentally oversteering, right off the friggin track, coming up short on the easiest little doubles, the bike seems slower, the computer racers get faster and before you know it i'm back in the fight of my life for the last half a lap and then get passed on the last straight before the checkers! &%$#@!!!! it pisses me off so bad!! son of a ..!!!

wow. feels good to vent like that. ?

sorry to hear about your tank. :devil:

yeah i hate it when people do that. its wrong. the only time i ever did anything like that was when i ordered my truck from the factory, it got here and they tried to give me a new price ($6,000 over what i was supposed to pay). i said oh hell no and they could keep the [@#$%&*!]. i was pissed.

I know everybody has trouble selling things I just hate it when people say they will take something and then don't. I have dealt with it before and will continue to in the future just had to vent. What realy pisses me off is when I see the people posting on tt so you send them a pm and ask what happened and they won't respond ?.

Oh well looks like someone is coming tonight to pickup the tank I will let you know what happens :devil:

that is definitely old fashioned.. it's certainly a better way to be, and back in the day you could count on others. these days, in a time where everyone is in direct competition with each other over everything, and reality shows (and maybe tv in general) have made it popular to fuck people over and win at any cost, you simply cannot trust your fellow man anymore, especially strangers. nobody cares about anyone but themselves these days and old-fashioned thinking, while more like my own way of thinking, gets you nowhere when dealing with the public.

people are much happier to screw you than help you. it's sad, but it's true.

sure there are exceptions, i consider myself to be one, but they are few and far between.

not to worry, since this will all be over soon. ?

The unfortunate reality today is a Persons Word has no value anymore. I agree with you, if someone says deal it should be no less enforced then a signed contract, unless of course your dead or dying ?

I think you are correct in how you feel, "But" ya that proverbial but, You can not hold people to your personal standards. I think at best what the lesson for you is to be more diligent in discerning people and learning to listening to your gut feeling and judgment of the given.

Chalk it up to a life lesson, but I agree it sucks.

Well I sold the tank last night to a fellow tt'r. His name was tony and tt name ia mxr64. He said he would take it but could not get to my house untill 10 pm. Told him if he was seriuos that would be no problem. He said he was going to baja and needed the tank. About 9:45 got a call he was in town an headed to my house. Took the tank and was on his way.

Thanks tony ?:devil: