Sign in to follow this  

CEET Seat

A couple of months ago I bought a ceet seat foam. My first impression was man this thing is rock hard, then I thought it just needs to be broken in. Well it been a few months and that thing still hurts my butt. :thumbsup: The rotted one that was on there was real spongy and comfy. How come the new one is rock hard? It feels like sitting on a board. Its not like there is any lack of foam, so why is it so firm? Do any of you guys have experance with CEET seats? are yours so rock hard? Should I contact CEET? Thanks for your time.

silly question

Ceet is Italian

Europeans carve their seats from concrete

so what?

you are not supposed to sit on it

if you were used to a vintage XRs recliner cushion ... :thumbsup:

stand up or get an Air Hawk

I changed the seat foam because the old spongy one was rotten and falling apart. It just hurts my butt after a while of cruising down a fire road. So thats why KTM seats are so hard. Just wondered why it was so hard, going to have to get used to it, thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Kawasaki was notorious for using soft wonder bread type seat foam. I've raced Kawi's since 1985 and changed many a seat foam. What bike do you have? What I always noticed and loved about Ceet's new foam is you would now sit ON the bike instead of IN the bike like it was some kind of bannana bike. They purposely make the foam hard as most manufacturers are too soft to begin with and break down over time anyways. Look at it this way, at least it will last longer!. I've never had to replace a Ceet replacement foam (One was over 7 years old with about a million moto's and still never broke down).

I've never had a Ceet foam that was as hard as a KTM though. There's something just not right about that. :thumbsup::devil: