Sign in to follow this  

New CRF250R

Hi everyone... This is my first post but I've been reading them for several weeks now. Lots of good info!

Just wanted to say I picked up my new CRF from the dealer yesterday and will be breaking it in this Sat.

Any last minute tips on making sure I do it right? :thumbsup:

Congrats on the new ride! Also new to the CRF, and so far, so good.

Check the air filter to be sure they oiled it, check the spokes every time you put the bike on the stand. Mine have been tightened four times now in 3 rides, and are finally settling in. Check oil levels per the manual, warm it up well and ride it pretty hard (do a search here on break-in procedures....lots of info).

Have fun and let us know how the first ride goes,

Mark

Look at all of his posts, and you will find his comparison.

RMark--- How do you compare the CRF 250R to your KX 250f?

Thanks for the info, RMark...

I've been going nuts wanting to get out on it but I don't get home from work until close to dark... gotta wait til Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes!!

Got mine a week and a half ago and am chomping at the bit to get it out. Will this weekend, maybe twice. Will post my experience and look forward to your. Have a riot! :thumbsup:

Got mine yesterday. I was sick of waiting for the 450. Plus, I like the 250's better. I am not going to miss my Yamaha at all!!

I couldn't wait any longer... took it out today as soon as I got home. I love it!! This bike's everything I wanted and more. I'll have to tweak the set-up a little (I'm 5'9 / 145lbs) and I think it comes set up for riders weighing a little bit more. But that's my only "complaint" after my first ride! Today just concentrated on breaking it in... rode it thru all the gears but didn't rev it out anywhere. Tried not to lug it anywhere.

After ride report - DON'T do what I did! I changed the oil as soon as I got home and promptly over-torqued (and snapped) the upper oil filter cover bolt. Had to take the left-side case cover off to get it out. Now I need a new gasket and bolt. Still love my bike though!! :cry: