Sign in to follow this  

Maxxis i/t or h/t ?

going to get new rear tire and was thinking maxxis I ride a huge variety of terrain and was wondering which tire i should get ? I am most concerned with tire wear and knob breakage

IT kicks ass! :thumbsup:

Cheap, wears forever, and has plenty 'o traction.

Get some! :awww:

Yes it does. :devil:

I like the IT in dry ir int. conditions but they suck in the slick stuff.

I love the it. I have not tried the Ht but have spoken with several people that say the tire chunks and looses knobs pretty fast

IT :thumbsup::devil:

Also the IT is directional - mount one way for hard terrain, the other way for intemediate :awww:

I have rode with the IT on all types of terrain - I love it

sounds like im getting an i/t i had a kenda carlsbad on the rear and it directional to pretty good tire and fairly cheap but I've heard good things about the maxxis.

OOOPpss, I didn't know, it came with no instructions.....is that what the wierd double-ended arrow was/is for? I wonder which way I mounted it? I'll have to check it when I get home.... :thumbsup:

I run the Maxxis IT on my 450 and I don't care which way it is mounted becasue I flip them and get another couple hundred miles out of it. I got around 800+ miles on my last IT on the WR. In comparison, my stock Dunlop got about 300 miles before it was toast. When I say toast, I mean around 1/8th inch on the knobs. I got my last IT for 40 bucks from Rocky Mountian.

Also, I have lost 3 or 4 knobs on the IT also...

OOOPpss, I didn't know, it came with no instructions.....is that what the wierd double-ended arrow was/is for? I wonder which way I mounted it? I'll have to check it when I get home.... :devil:

Yep - I did not even know it was a directional until I was mounting it :thumbsup:

In comparison, my stock Dunlop got about 300 miles before it was toast. When I say toast, I mean around 1/8th inch on the knobs.

Exactly, 300 miles and the stocker is spent! I was looking for an IT at a few local bike shops this week, but nobody had one. So, I went with an IRC Volcanduro VE33. It can't be any worse than the Dunlop can it? :thumbsup: Anyhow, I'm going to order a set of ITs from somebody online and have them sitting here ready to go. I always got an extra 1000 miles or so out of Maxxis on my Electra Glide, and they eat tires when riding 2 up.