NOTOIL and valve issues??????

I was just wondering who is using notoil and has had valve problems? Anyone using notoil do a total tear down to see the valves.

If it dosn't wash out with solvent I wonder if it is staying in the motor?

One guy on the DRZ talk showed a picture of his valves with caked on Notiol. Im sure he used too much!

Just a thought I know its not the problem but maybe it does not help.

been using notoil since it came on the market. I had to buy it direct from notoil because none of the shops carried it. Used it on all my bikes, red, blue and green it works great and cleans up easily. If the engine was caked with oil, I know he was using too much. It will come out of the filter if you let it sit for 3-4 weeks but just about any filter oil will do that under the same circumstances, and I service the air filter a lot more frequently than that. Notoil is good stuff ?:awww::devil:

I hated it at first it made a big mess cleaning it. Now I use it because I bought so much. Got use to it dont really know if its better or not. Guess I was set in my old ways with solvent. Seem to waste alot with poor on. Thinking of putting it in a spray bottle.

Good to hear its good by other users.

• 2 months later...

Apply the NoToil to the filter with the filter inside a (see-thru) plastic bag, then you can move the extra oil over to the dry parts without wasting any or applying too much.

I'm curious about this valve issue. A lot of folks are going away from the petrol-based oils because NoToil is so much easier to use and manage the cleaning. This would be a *perfect scare tactic* to get some petrol customers back. I'd like to know the truth though.

I use NoToil and have never seen a spot of dust beyond the filter. If it's an issue of dust passing thru then it's operator error. K&N filters have so many holes you can see daylight thru there is no way a properly oiled foam filter of any kind would pass dust.

Tom

I have been using Notoil for 4 years on red, blue and green thumpers with no complaints. If the valves were caked with filter oil, the guy definitely did something wrong