Sign in to follow this  

No. Va. Trail Riders Club info. ???

I'm interested in information on this club. My son and I met a guy at Tasker's Gap who is a member and only had nice things to say about it. We are considering joining. Just looking for some feedback.

Thanks

Here's their web address, http://www.nvtr.org/. I'm also interested in some feed back on the club. How was Taskers? I'm just getting back into riding after 20 years and looking for places to ride in Va.

"Enjoy Life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

What are the last 3 events like? I raced alot in the 70's and early 80's but nothing since so I'm trying to ease back into it.

I like them because I am a slower C rider and they race the C class before the A&B classes...

Thanks for the web address.

Tasker's was great. We just rode for a few hours and wished we had more time. Have you ridden there before? Great variety, from 4 wheel roads to pretty tough rock garden areas.

I'm like you. I took about 20 years off. It's still a lot of fun and getting my kids into it will be a good way to spend some time with them.

A few things I've realize since 20 yrs. ago. Many fewer places to ride and I break easier.

I'm in NVTR...it's a great club. I live south of DC, so it's tough to get to the meetings, but the folks are about the nicest group you ever come across.

There's also some nice trails a little farther south at the GW national forest...well worth the extra drive.

I haven't been to Tasker's but I have mountian biked in that general area and have seen the parking lot. Are there trails that are suitable for a beginner? My son just started riding a XR 100 and I trying to find areas we can ride together.

Sound great. We probably will be joining soon. We have enjoyed Tasker's so much this year. We'd like to give back some how with trail maintenance or whatever.

How far is the other trail from Tasker's?

Thanks,

Doug

There's a wide variety of trails. The Tasker's Gap road is perfect for a beginner. It's wide with some bumps. My son likes it and Peter's Mill the best. He is not very daring, but I get him into some of the smaller trails occasionally.

He's gaining confidence.

Here's a link to some of the riding areas around DC. http://www.enduro.4t.com/riding.htm We have tried Tasker's, The Cove and Tamahawk MX. The Cove is great, but most of it is what I would consider high intermediate to expert. They do have a beginner loop (about 3 miles) that is easy. I got off one main trail there into what, on their map was labled scary stuff, and thought I was going to have a heart attack getting through it. Just a wrong turn though.

We want to try Hatfield McCoy next year. I've heard it is great, but a long drive. http://www.trailsheaven.com/

Doug