Sign in to follow this  

Gas tank color opinions?

I am about to order a Clarke 3.9 tank from the TTShop. I originally thought I would order the yellow one for my '04 but now I am thinking maybe the white one or natural as they are referred to might look better.

The '04 yellow bike has alot of white on it now, sideplates, headlight cover and even white in the graphics coming off the radiator shrouds. So would white look better than the yellow? I am also concerned the yellow might not match the bikes OEM yellow. My Acerbis Pro rally yellow hand guards sure didn't match the OEM yellow. :thumbsup:

I will be ordering a clarke tank myself soon. I was thinking of doing it in black since my stock tank is black. But I have since realized from looking at pictures of others bikes...that if you are going to put a graphics kit on the bike...the graphics pretty much cover the tank giving you the color you want. So I plan to use a natural tank so that I can easily read the fuel level in the area of the tank that is uncovered by decals.

I will be ordering a clarke tank myself soon. I was thinking of doing it in black since my stock tank is black. But I have since realized from looking at pictures of others bikes...that if you are going to put a graphics kit on the bike...the graphics pretty much cover the tank giving you the color you want. So I plan to use a natural tank so that I can easily read the fuel level in the area of the tank that is uncovered by decals.

I think you'll find that most of the graphics will bubble on the Clarke tank. :thumbsup:

Isn't that the reason they generally use perforated graphics on gas tanks?

My N Style graphics for the tank are perforated...just waiting on a new tank.

I will be ordering a clarke tank myself soon. ... So I plan to use a natural tank so that I can easily read the fuel level in the area of the tank that is uncovered by decals.

I have a Clarke 3.9 tank in Lime Green. It matches the KLX plastic perfectly and looks really cool. I can easily see the fuel level with this color. I am very happy with it. :thumbsup:

Natural means that no matter what color plastic you decide to use...just change the decal and the tank will not look stoopid.

If you get the yellow one make sure you get the right color. They offer two different colors of yellow. You can see the gas level with the yellow also.

I ordered the New Suzuki Yellow so it should match the '04 yellow.

Dirtman, do you have a pic with the tank on your bike? if so could you e-mail it to me rcone5@hotmail.com or post it here. I am curious about the clearance between tank & handlebar when turned also the height of the tank at the cap in relation to the handlebar.

Thanks

Roy

thanks for posting the pic dirtman :cry:

I have a RAM GPS mount located between my stock bar clamps that angles back toward the tank then straight up. I was hoping to keep it there but after seeing your pic I may have to move it back to the left handle grip side again.