250x burning oil and lots of it...

bike has 10 hrs on it..all hare scrambles..1st and 2cnd gear stuff tight..muddy ...no micro dust...yeah right...after break in changed to mobile red cap synt...it was burning oil before the change...filled up 690 cc checked ...okay..rode 80 miles in three hours it burned 200cc of oil ....is this normal...i had the valves checked 2 races ago they were okay....any input would help...thanks

if your bike is producing blue smoke there is simply to much oil getting by the rings and this is not normall , the dirt trackers that i have done engine work for have battled with the same problems on the xr 750 with nikasil bores for years some times they just would not seal and the only solution was to disasemble them and hone the cylinder with a ball hone and it generally took care of the problem ,or you could have a problem with a pourus intake port and sucking oil from the top of the engine .i just produced this situation with a customers crf 250 head i got it to thin at the top and a whole formed letting oil into the port .these heads are very thin in there casting there always a possibility of a pourus casting if all else fails with rings and piston may be cleaning the head and coating it with epoxy over the intake ports would cure the problem it may even add some insulation value to the intake port increasing performace by keeping the mixture cooler Ron RHC