Sign in to follow this  

Tracks in your area?

I could be behind the times here with this topic. Have we listed all the track in your area to practice and race? Shouldn't we compile a running list of places to go and times to be there? I think this is a really cool sport and would like to convert my machine one day. My biggest problem is where do I go? I realize to switch setups on my bike can run into a huge $ sign. My days in the dirt are numbering down and I don't want to stop riding. Onroad street sucks because of traffic and the other guy! Plus I don't get the same experance from my streetbike as my 426. I've had my share of close calls on the street and you could say I'm a little gun shy. Thats where I feel this sport might fit like a glove when I get tired of washing the dirt off. Have we already made a list of areas to ride? I realize the amount of tracks will most likely be few in #'s. I live in N.E.Ohio and know of no place to just go and watch let alone ride. I'm gonna keep looking and look to other sources to locate tracks I'll let ya'all know.

30 people and no track... :thumbsup: This sport is going to be like RC cars. Here today gone tomorrow just a fad. I tried places to ride on the TT search for my area nothing...Just like all cool things that never reach the midwest.

If there is not a track in your area - you need to make one available. SuperMoto Racer Magazine just did a story all about getting the sport started in your area and offers ways to approach Kart tracks and start a supermoto day.

If you have a few buddies that want to ride, just ban together and make it happen. Rent the track for the day just to get things going.

If there is a will there is a way - If you wait and complain that there is no place to ride and the sport is doomed - it will happen. If there is a kart track or a small road racing track in your area, form a supermoto club and start a track day just for SM.

We have three tracks in So Cal, Apex, Grange and Amago

SuperMoto Racer Magazine

we can practice here 7 days a week and we run 2 races a month.

http://www.thecoloradokarter.com/imi/imiinfo.htm

I couldn't find info on their website about what days they have the races on. Would you mind letting me know so I can go check one out. Thanks. :cry:

http://www.thecoloradokarter.com/calendar/colorado.htm

all the races in blue.i will not be at the one this weekend as i have another racing commitment.i will be at the oct 3 race.

4two6stroker,

I just sent an email to Beaver Run urging them to have another Super Moto practice day on their Wilson Circuit. If I hear anything back I will post it here. SMUSA has helped them organize practices before. The circuit is excellent for SM. Send them an email. Let them know we want more. :cry:

Mike

:cry:

Mike,

I sent one over to Krystal at BeaveRun also. If i recall, Eric at SupermotardUSA said they might be setting up some days in late Sept/Oct.

i Send email on every Dallas karting track... hopefully i have responces but here in DFW is not so popular.. Damn :cry:

I couldn't find info on their website about what days they have the races on. Would you mind letting me know so I can go check one out. Thanks. :cry:

all the races in blue.i will not be at the one this weekend as i have another racing commitment.i will be at the oct 3 race.

What about the kart track at bandimeer? I was thinking of going out there since it is a lot closer to me here in Castle Rock. I know there isn't a dirt section but since I am a newbie I thought it might still be cool.

I'm going to try and make it to the oct 3rd race at IMI though. I have yet to be able to see a race in person so I am looking forward to it. :cry:

What about the kart track at bandimeer? I was thinking of going out there since it is a lot closer to me here in Castle Rock. I know there isn't a dirt section but since I am a newbie I thought it might still be cool.

I'm going to try and make it to the oct 3rd race at IMI though. I have yet to be able to see a race in person so I am looking forward to it. :cry:

Check out the supermoto race at Second Creek on October 2nd- entry is free and there's free beer sponsored by Breckenridge Brewery after the races.

you would have to call the bandimere track.i do believe you can practice there........

hope to see you the 3rd! :cry: