Sign in to follow this  

WHY ARE MOST 04s SELLING BELOW $5K????

what's the deal? how come the prices are so low? looks like my well maintained never raced 04 beauty is going to be around a bit longer. i figured with a couple extra goodies plus the amazing condition the bike would be snatched up.

even on ebay most 04 are going sub $5k, even as low as $4200. those people are getting ripped off and someone else is getting a STEAL.

anybody have any idea why this is happening?? :thumbsup::devil::awww:

the used bike market is real soft - meaning there are too darn many used bikes available - More used CRF's than anything..people are dumping them - gone are the days of selling your 4 strokes for 800-1500 below retail after 1-2 years.... :thumbsup:

Dude! I'll pay you $4500 if you ship it to me in California.

:awww:

what's the deal? how come the prices are so low? looks like my well maintained never raced 04 beauty is going to be around a bit longer. i figured with a couple extra goodies plus the amazing condition the bike would be snatched up.

even on ebay most 04 are going sub $5k, even as low as $4200. those people are getting ripped off and someone else is getting a STEAL.

anybody have any idea why this is happening?? :thumbsup::lol::devil:

I have a 04 that the shop is going to sell for somewhere around $4,700 if anyone wants one on the East coast.,lol

Later

The market really sucks right now. I sold my 2002 Honda CR250 for 2100 in Aug. You just have to take the shaft on the price if you really want to ditch your bike soon

Some dealers in Northern Cal are taking $1000 off list for 2004 models. Soft market for new and used. Why buy used when new is close to $5K.

Let's say you can get a NEW 04 CRF450R for $5000.

Here are the figures:

Bike - $5000

Tax - $412

DMV - $25

Bend Me Over Fees - $200

Can you say "At least $5600 out the door"?

Why buy new when I can get a perfectly used and well maintained 04 with all the trimmings for $4500?

I'd figure I will pay $4500 within the next two months for my next newly used 04 CRF450R.

Heck, I bought a three months old CRF250R for $4500. I had the suspension serviced at Factory Connection for less than $400. Now, I have a perfect handling bike for under $5000.

The only down side of it all is that my wife wants the X model now because of the magic button.

Of course some people will opt to buy new because of potential issues with buying a used bike. I myself have no worries when buying a used bike. I just need to find the right one.

Some dealers in Northern Cal are taking $1000 off list for 2004 models. Soft market for new and used. Why buy used when new is close to $5K.

i cannot even sell my exellent condition 03 that is still 100% stock and scratch free for 3950.00. is the florida market that saturated? i would think not as i have never seen a crf450 in the gainesville sun classifieds or jacksonville paper. the local shop (streit's) has never had an used open class thumper for sale either.

I just bought a '03 CRF450 with 30hrs on it off a 51 yr old school teacher in New York for $3200. Like the other guys have said, its a buyers market right now. The guy was asking $3700 and didnt want to sit on the bike all winter so he dumped it. I just happen to be in the right place at the right time. :thumbsup:

the market for used bikes sucks right now. I just sold an 01 CR125 for $1700 and was glad to get that. The bike was in great shape and had a few extras. I'm getting an 03 CRF450 in a week or so. This guy has the bike loaded. It's got the White Bros. Corbon Fiber pipe, the faast flex bars, red rims and a ton of other things. If I'm not mistaken he has about $1500 in extras on it, he's giving it to me for $3500. The bike is mint.

I see bikes on ebay go for very low prices, but I think that's because buyers are wisely taking into consideration hidden costs like shipping. I live 5 hrs from the nearest Forward Air shipping depot. That means that if I'd paid $3,000 for my bike on ebay, then had it shipped for $400 from the east coast (not too many bikes listed on ebay are from the west) I'd still have to lay out $500 in gas, food and motel rooms and a shopping trip for Mrs. Zookeeper. That's why when a friend was offering his '02 450 for $3500, I was over there with cash in minutes. Beats the heck right out of driving all over looking at beaters for two months. But that's just me, I could be wrong...

Come on man if it were that easy to sell, we would all go out and get 05 and only have to put in $1000 to $1500. I'm sitting on mine one more year and will probably unload it for $3500 end of next season. You have to make the used price something that the buyer can not refuse. Anyway if its soo new and well maintained why not just ride the CRAP out of it? The new frame ain't that different or maybe its that little bit of red on the side panels that you like. In that case jump on the $4500 from Cali and don't look back!!!