Sign in to follow this  

1993 DR 250SE

Does anyone still make a big bore kit for the older DR's like this? I know Thumper Racing used to but they discontinued them. Anyone know of companies that may still have some laying on a shelf somewhere? Thanks.

Sadly, NYmike is kinda right, but for the wrong reasons. For the cost of a big bore kit for the 250, you could probably save some money and have a more reliable bike by just going with DR350.

I'd work with what you got first. Air box, pipe, and jetting. Contact Jesse K. or NCrick over at max-zuk for progressive suspenders, front and rear. SRC fork brace. Better bars, better pegs, better gearing. Ditch the rear fender, lighting, and subframe for the lighter MX maier fender. Ditch all other pillion and street stuff.

My 250 will go anywhere the big boys, sometimes I just don't get there as fast.

I got Husy123 to check some stuff for me and it looks like Thumper Racing will do the work for me. If I send them the cylinder, they will do the work for about 450.00. I like my bike too much to get ride of it and it's worth the money to have it upgraded. Thanks for the help.