Sign in to follow this  

CRF250R Jet Settings. Please Help JD

James,

I have a 2004 CRF250R. Everything is bone stock except I have Removed the Stock Air Filter and Screen and replaced it with the Twin Air Filter. I am going to install the Jet Kit this afternoon and was hoping for some guidence on what setup to use. I have been reading through the Forum, but there is a lot of different settings. Most likely do to other mods. Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

James,

Thanks for the info. After I get the Kit installed I will report back. One last question. If in the near future I purchase a DR.D Exhaust will the setup you gave me still be ok?

Yes, it will make a good baseline setting. Use the same jetting and evaluate after test riding to get an impression of how the power is affected, making only 1 change at a time.

James

JD,

I followed the instructions that came with your kit. Red Needle, Clip in 5th Position and a 175 main jet since I have the Twin Air Filter. All I can say is WOW! Throttle response is much improved and 1st-3rd gear is outstanding. Can't hardley keep the front wheel on the ground. I will report back in a couple of weeks when I get the Dr.D Pipe.