Sign in to follow this  

Anyone Do any Riding in Lewis County, NY

Looking to get any information on the riding in Lewis County, New York. I.E. Trail Types, Terian etc...

I rode Tug Hill area of Lewis County this past weekend. Some decent woods road and trail riding however this place is really set up for quads. Lots and lots of mud. Most of the roads are ATV legal which is nice if your bike has an ATV plate. I also rode in the Belfort area which I enjoyed more due to less mud and the sandier soil. There were some decent woods trails and hill climbs. If you get up this way and need a few riding partners let me know.

I go up with a crew couple times a year. :)and it is petty much four wheeler country :cry:. But the riding is great and legal. all kinds of different stuff, muddy four wheeler trials, huge sand pits, dirt roads and some single track. We average 70-80 mi. a day. Usually starting in Lyons Fork and riding on the Brantham side (of Rt.28/12) one day and Tug Hill side the next. Just stop in one of the bars and get a snowmobile trail map. See ya up there........

Lewis County now produces a map showing all legal ATV roads. Be careful because not all snowmobile roads are legal for ATV plates and vice versa. Just contact the Lewis County Chamber of Commerce for map info. Give me or "Roostin" a shout if anybody is going to be riding this area and we will try and hook up with you.