Sign in to follow this  

Anyone try a Kenda rear on 250F?

First of all let me say that I would never comprimise my front wheel handling to save a few bucks, so the thought of putting a Kenda front tire on my 03' 250f is out of the question. However, some of the local mx guys have been using the Kenda rears cause they wear good, are cheap enough to keep new ones on, and evidentally must hook up good cause some of these guys are A riders. Has anyone tried the Millville-med or Southwich-soft rear tire in the woods? As far as front tires go I like my Dunlop 755. I haven't heard of anyone on here that still runs it. I also heard that Dunlop might stop making it if they haven't already. The s-12 Michelin works as well in mud but seems to skate more on hardpack than my 755. Anyone else like the 755 Dunlop front?

i rode a rm125 with a kenda millville on the back and it hooks up like none other. i think its a really great tire thats what im going to run on my 05 450sx when i get her this fall. ill be racing this rm125 this sunday on a soft/medium terrian kinda track ill let ya know how it does. im wondering what the diff will be from a 4 stroke to a 2 stroke ill find out soon enough i guess

I got 6 months out of my Millville. Best before that was a Mich s12 which lasted about 3 months. I've got gravel out in front of the house and like to rip up and down to warm my bike up. It handled the gravel real well. And I'm going to replace the stocker 739 with a matching Kenda this Winter. I don't see why everyone thinks you have to spend a bunch to get a decent tire? At $44 from RockyMountain how can you lose? :devil::thumbsup:

Just put a Millville on my 03 last week went ridding on sat it hooks up good (mud, sand, dirt and gravel road). For $80 cdn I will buy another. For the front I will bay the $$$.

:thumbsup::devil::awww::lol::D:lol::D

:canada:WORLD CHAMPS OF HOCKEY :D

:snore::awww::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have Kenda's front and rear. They work great. I have about a 1,000 dirt miles on them and about 50 miles pavement. The front still looks new and the rear is starting to show some wear. Mine are Unadillas. I will be turning the rear around. One way is soft terrain, the other is soft. The front hooks up a lot better than the stock Dunlop 739 and the pattern looks a lot like the 756 or some of the other more aggressive front tires. I paid about $75.00 for the pair plus shipping--so about $95.00. I will buy Kenda again.

I have been using the Kenda Millville front and rear in the woods and rocks with no complaints. I've had them on since May and usually ride twice per month at about 6hrs per ride. The front is fine. The back is about due to be replaced. Just rotatated it last weekend to get a few more rides out of it. Still hooks up fine though.

I have a set of Millvilles that I use for the woods and rocky tracks. I also have a set of rims with Michelins on them (M12 front, S12 rear) for racing/soft track riding.

The Millville hooks up real well - in the woods, on the rocks, bone-dry hardpack, soupy mud, sand. A really nice rear tire that will throw a ton of roost. BTW, I'm running one size bigger (110/90-19).

I probably won't do a Kenda front again, I like the M12 much better, and its a nice combo with the Millville rear.

Darryl

i had a friend that had a millville on the rear of his yz250f and he tore it up so quickly. we ride the race tracks more so im sure it was from locking up the back tire but the treds were almost gone and it didnt take long. made it worse on rocks too. im wondering if it was dry rotted from wat all of ur are saying makes it sound good.

DR314,

Did your buddy get the standard size or one size up? Many on TT suggest going one size up because those tires are designed for the 250/450 class. The thought is the larger tire is designed stronger to deal with the horsepower the bigger bikes make.

Darryl

100/90 kenda milville lasted me (slow, rear c pack guy) only about 3 actual riding hours. Tire looked like it had been through a grinder from riding only MX tracks (hard pack, loam, no rock or roots). Literally half of the knobs tore off within hours and the rest just rounded over. Get a Maxxis IT, it is a tough 6 ply tire (most others are 4 ply). It'll last waaay longer.

I second the Maxxis IT. I am running a 110/90/19 and I love it. The thing HOOKS UP! I am not real fond of the IT front tire though. The side wall seems a bit soft and the front end pushes. I will be going to the Dunlop 756 front. Just my .02