Sign in to follow this  

Tera-Flex Tires

I know that this subject has been talked about and I have read the posts but are people still happy with these tires. I am currently running MT21 rear and it does a decent job but more traction in the dry sandy conditions here would be helpful. I am in need of a new tire and want to replace it soon. Thanks

One difference I had with what everyone else was posting has to do with the tire pressure. Everyone was saying run around 8 and 10 MAX so that is what I did when I got my tire. HATED IT! Pumped the tire up to my normal 15psi and was MUCH HAPPIER. Tire has tons of traction and runs good but dont be fooled- it is a lot heavier and will change the feel/performance of the bike. The main reason MX bikes run 19" rims over 18"s is to reduce wieght (rotating mass, unsprung wieght). There will be a performance loss but the trade is better traction.

I am still enjoying my TeraFlex...if you are worried about the weight of a TeraFlex then get the TeraFlex type 1... Type 2 is the one most have written about here and is designed for tight trails and gumbo mud where weight takes a second to traction (even then it is only 2 lbs more than a MT21, bigger lugs=more rubber=more weight) Type 1 is liteweight, designed for motocross, and has bigger/better designed lugs for traction. It uses a low bounce rubber to reduce the rebound effect and keep the tire on the ground for better traction... :thumbsup:Andrew