Sign in to follow this  

Whats the best Chain Lube?

What do you all recommend for chain lube? Something clean that doesn't come off when you ride through water? Also, how do you put it on without getting it all over your rim, etc.

Thanks,

Erik

It seems the high-end Valvoline stuff works the best on mine...

Stay away from Pennzoil!

:thumbsup::awww: It SUCKS :devil:

If you have an oring or xring chain, just use WD40. The chain bearings themselves already have grease that is sealed in by the o or x rings.

Maxima chain wax. Best stuff out there in my opinion. It uses a parafin wax base. Apply as directed. Warm your chain up first, apply and let it dry. The correct process doesn't take long. I usually apply it at the end of a ride/practice/moto so that the chain is lubed when it has heat in it. That way it is ready to go when you fire back up. I apply it to the top side of the rollers right on top of the sprocket for a simple full rotation, then again on the other side just in front of the rear chain guard, again for a full rotation. I use it on O-ring chains and standard chains with good success. I race in sandy/silty areas often and my chains last a long time. If you allow 3-4 minutes of drying, you'll get very little accumulation of sand on the chain itself and lube flying off onto the rim is a non-issue. Maxima Chain wax laughs at water, H2O actually beads up on the chain :thumbsup:!

I used every lube and I agree with everyone they are all great lubes. I find the Bell Ray to be vey messy. The chain wax is a little less messy. I perfer to use wd40. But my #1 pick is MFR http://www.progoldmfr.com/. It is clean like Wd40 but is a great lube.