Sign in to follow this  

yet another exhaust question

2001 400E stock exhaust. I bent mine pretty well this last weekend. I do have a line on two used exhaust. BTW, header pipe is fine. Several questions.

One of the used exhausts is from an S model. Any difference? Will I loose HP or torque?

Second question, is there a aftermarket exhaust that is USFS approved, doesn't get any louder, and I don't loose any torque? I'm big on the loud part, don't want my bike to make a bunch of noise while cruising the forest or desert (neighborhood would be fine, there's some clown that takes a 428 Pontiac at about 1AM burns rubber and couple of times and then hides his car, so noise then would be OK :thumbsup:)Thanks guys

2001 400E stock exhaust. I bent mine pretty well this last weekend. I do have a line on two used exhaust. BTW, header pipe is fine. Several questions.

One of the used exhausts is from an S model. Any difference? Will I loose HP or torque?

Second question, is there a aftermarket exhaust that is USFS approved, doesn't get any louder, and I don't loose any torque? I'm big on the loud part, don't want my bike to make a bunch of noise while cruising the forest or desert (neighborhood would be fine, there's some clown that takes a 428 Pontiac at about 1AM burns rubber and couple of times and then hides his car, so noise then would be OK :devil:)Thanks guys

From what ive read the E headpipe is bigger then the S . So it wont fit and of course you will lose some power with a smaller headpipe. :thumbsup:

Most aftermarket exhausts come already setup with a USFS approved spark arrestor of some sort.

I think just about every aftermarket exhaust is gonna improve power over that stock monster.

My Big Gun with a quiet core is still a bit louder than stock but its still pretty quiet and the power increase is very noticable.

I think a Yosh with the really quiet TEC can get pretty quiet. About as good as stock? Maybe someone can confirm this. :thumbsup:

I see you are a fellow Coloradan heck just toss the stock muffler and put a Supertrap on there. If you were going to go the whole pipe route I'd go Yosh. beings it's getting banged up I'd go Yosh stainless steel. They make a Muffler only too in stainless put the middle tec insert in for the good of the sport then rejet for the better flow. You'd have to with any of the aftermarket mufflers anyways. You'll pick up a couple of horses. Plus a touch more midrange. Good luck and have fun for me. I can't anymore so I'm counting on all you Colo guys to make it up for me. I'll be going street only soon. Heartbroken about it too. prairiedawg :thumbsup::devil::awww: