Sign in to follow this  

Used to go to Bluff Creek

Just happened to check out the site after a few years. I can't believe I remembered my password! Things have changed just a little... I noticed that some of you Iowa guys hang-out at Bluff Creek. My buddies and I used to go there about every other weekend around 1997-1999. That was before a lot of the "rules" and also before it was very busy. On my personal web site: http://showcase.netins.net/web/watsondesign/friends.html web page I have a couple of old photos from back than. We used to climb a hill called Satan back in the far North West part of the park and would hit the wall also. Too much for me now. My DRZ400s sees more pavement than dirt now!

Thanks for the memories!

Mark

:thumbsup: I don't recognize that hill in your pictures, but I'm sure a lot has changed. I think you need to get out there again and show us where it is. A bunch of us have taken our DRZ's out there, you'll fit right in with it. The next few weekends are busy for me, but someone was talking about an October ride, maybe around the 16th?

:thumbsup: I don't recognize that hill in your pictures, but I'm sure a lot has changed.

Yeah, like maybe they built a new hill or something. :devil:

The large hill is now fenced off. I was down there a over a year ago and the old hill is just to the west of the fence that runs north and south down a valley to the west, just as you "enter" the trail section after the most western mx track. Confused yet? I couple of old friends and I have been talking about a trip down sometime this fall. Oct 16 is out for me as I have a State of Iowa BMX awards banquet that night. (My 9 Year is the number 1 Novice in the State of Iowa, 10th so far in the Midwest.) Anyway, I'll try to monitor the forum more and see if a few of us could hook up.

Thanks, Mark

I'll bring the brats and usually I bring the entertainment to. Well if you consider all of my friends crashing and burning before your very eyes entertainment.

Wnat your tongs back???

BC is still a cool place to ride they need to improve on some safety aspects of the place bit I am sure they will work on it..

Use mapquest.com and look up Oskaloosa Iowa. You'll see the "town" of Bluff Creek shown a the lower left of the map. Map your location from there.

Good luck, Mark

Cool, thanks for the tip. Looks like a good 6-8 hr drive to me. :devil:

Are there any cool riding spots in Iowa closer to the Mississippi? :thumbsup:

Can't be 6 to 8 hours. How far are you from Davenport? It's about 2 hours from there. From my house I can be at Bluff Creek in about 1.5 hours, or the other way to downtown Chicago in less than 3 hours. Actually you would be fairly close to the riding area in Waterloo, or even Aledo, IL.

Edit: Ok, just looked on a map for Cary, IL. Did you mean to say N.E. Illinois? Cary is right by Chicago, I thought you said N.W. Illinois... :thumbsup:

you know that thing is cool but i still havent figured out how to do pictures or avatars on here yet :lol::devil: pathetic aint it??? :awww::thumbsup:

Yea we leave for Colorado tommorow.. But I am going without a bike I have the pig all put back together but it will not turn over... This sucks big time!!!

Can't be 6 to 8 hours. How far are you from Davenport? It's about 2 hours from there. From my house I can be at Bluff Creek in about 1.5 hours, or the other way to downtown Chicago in less than 3 hours. Actually you would be fairly close to the riding area in Waterloo, or even Aledo, IL.

Edit: Ok, just looked on a map for Cary, IL. Did you mean to say N.E. Illinois? Cary is right by Chicago, I thought you said N.W. Illinois... :devil:

Yeah, I should really say I live in N.E. ILL. but I travel to my buddies place in Lena so much to ride I just consider it N.W. I'll bet it could be made in 4-5 hours on a good day.

:thumbsup:

Yea we leave for Colorado tommorow.. But I am going without a bike I have the pig all put back together but it will not turn over... This sucks big time!!!

So what are you going to do? I'll make you a smokin deal on a KX250.

Edit: Ok, just looked on a map for Cary, IL. Did you mean to say N.E. Illinois? Cary is right by Chicago, I thought you said N.W. Illinois... :cry:

Yeah, I should really say I live in N.E. ILL. but I travel to my buddies place in Lena so much to ride I just consider it N.W. I'll bet it could be made in 4-5 hours on a good day.

:cry:

Yeah, I would say you could make it in 4 to 5 hours. You guys could come over on a Saturday and camp there, then leave on Sunday. Of course, you have to have an Iowa green sticker to ride there, or chances are pretty good you will get ticketed and sent home with your tail between your legs... We all learned that one the hard way. :cry: